All posts related to V2
By Luca_Studioaltieri
Hi, i have a problem. :|
I installed V2 on test machines and everything goes perfect.

But.... in a machine (Q6600, 8Gb ram, with Vista64) render shuts down machine after 6 - 8 minutes.

- This does not depend on scene complexity (it happens also with a cube floating in phys sky)
- This happens only with V2. Version 1.7 runs perfect and all other applications do the same (also other applications that use Gbs of Ram like Mentalray, 3dsmax, Sony vegas, Photoshop.... )
- This happens only while rendering: if i launch a render and stop it in 5 minutes (and i let mxcl in execution with stopped render) pc will not shut down. If i resume it, pc shuts down.
- Temperature of CPU is "cold"
- Tests about ram say that there is nothing damaged.
- I just formatted Pc, and this happens also with only vista64 + maxwell64 installed

So, i ask where is the root of evil that don't let me render.
By AndreD
had the same problem here on win 7 64 and it was related to the grafic card drivers..
(sounds odd but I had the same issues, no bsod but a siple repoot like a manual reset)
By Luca_Studioaltieri
humm.. very strange i have latest nvidia drivers.
and before formatting i had "not latest" drivers.

and.. while rendering video card is not deeply used as cpu or ram.... so how did you solve this? deactivating some features of video card via driver/software/control panel or downgrading drivers?

thank you.
Luca
By AndreD
Luca_Studioaltieri wrote: and.. while rendering video card is not deeply used as cpu or ram.... so how did you solve this? deactivating some features of video card via driver/software/control panel or downgrading drivers?
thank you.
Luca
..changing the driver did it for me...
strange!
By wither3d
yeah, i'm having a similar problem.

I've got Windows 7 64 bit and a nvidia quadro 4800. I used to have max 2009 and maxwell v2 working fine. I re-installed win 7 the other day to make use of new raid drivers that came out and now i'm having trouble with both programs. somehow max 09 is kicking me into 'windows basic' instead of windows 7 which is odd because it's never done that before. and maxwell.exe keeps crashing on me. sometimes at the start of a render, and sometimes in the middle. I have no idea why this is happening either. I've tried 3 versions of the driver with no luck sloving either problem.

anyone have any other thoughts? This is an odd one.
By wither3d
i've got part of it figured out - so when i installed 3dsmax the default driver installed as the default 'custom' driver rather than the direct3d driver. so i changed that and now max works fine with windows aero.

but i still keep getting crashes in maxwell. i'm now trying to drop the materials down to a white model to see if that's part of the problem. I'm supposing it is. We will see - perhaps an emitter problem?

thanks everyone.
By Luca_Studioaltieri
today i'll try to change graphic card with a different one.

i already changed also ram and power supplier... and if graphic card will not solve the problem i'll try to change MB and CPU. (= new pc).

i try to render complex scenes with multilight, and in this cases pc turns off < 2 minutes. :|
By Mihai
Might be something with the kind of ram you have installed. Is it the same make/model? Did you install it as per MB specs? If you're using two ram slots, MB manual usually says you should install it in slots 1 and 3 for example. Just saying this because you mentioned it shuts down faster when using ML which consumes more ram.
By Luca_Studioaltieri
yes, i did all test about ram: swapping slots, alternate slots, swapping ram, swapping ram type. I spent hours in combining my ram/new compatible ram/positions in slots .... and i tried every configuration possible by launching a render.
But i had always same result.

I think the problem can be near ram slots, in motherboard.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]