All posts related to V2
By tom
OK, first of all I admit I didn't know this demo limitation but now I must find why it works for me in demo mode....

By macray
tom wrote:OK, first of all I admit I didn't know this demo limitation but now I must find why it works for me in demo mode....
Now I'm wondering why you use the demo. ... (I'll give it a try to see if it works fine here with 6 Emitters)

trying it here (XP, 32bit, Cinema Plugin):
- 8 boxes with Emitters in the top
- 5 Emitters controllable
- 3 emitters and environment can only be SOLO'd oder Muted, no slider movement

So it's the same as your last picture shows tom. You have the sliders 1-5 where you can still set a number underneath and slide it and the other sliders are blocked as they should be.
By tom
macray wrote:Now I'm wondering why you use the demo.
I don't have a V2 license :P (j/k) ... I was just checking it for you, I can't say I tested in demo mode too much.
macray wrote:So it's the same as your last picture shows tom. You have the sliders 1-5 where you can still set a number underneath and slide it and the other sliders are blocked as they should be.
Thanks, now I realized. I was expecting to see missing sliders, not disabled. Thanks for pointing this out. :)
By Richard
Yeah thats what I get, just greyed out, mute and solo permitted only!

Not sure why that would be a limitation of the demo really! Does leave one (the dumb ones) asking whats broken! :mrgreen:

You know before I went a bit wayward some years ago I was rather smart, now there are these days!
By macray
Richard wrote:Yeah thats what I get, just greyed out, mute and solo permitted only!

Not sure why that would be a limitation of the demo really! Does leave one (the dumb ones) asking whats broken! :mrgreen:

You know before I went a bit wayward some years ago I was rather smart, now there are these days!
I'm wondering what it is that you don't understand here: Maxwell Render Demo has a limitation to 5 emitter sliders.

That's plain english - your mother tongue as far as I can see from your location.
My mother tongue is german but still I understand this - page 13 of the manual says that the Demo has restrictions, incl. a watermark, resolution limit of 800x600 pixel, 5 slideable emitter in Multilight situations ... There is nothing broken. You just have to live with this limitation or buy an upgrade to solve it.
By Richard
macray wrote:
Richard wrote:Yeah thats what I get, just greyed out, mute and solo permitted only!

I'm wondering what it is that you don't understand here: Maxwell Render Demo has a limitation to 5 emitter sliders.

That's plain english - your mother tongue as far as I can see from your location.
My mother tongue is german but still I understand this - page 13 of the manual says that the Demo has restrictions, incl. a watermark, resolution limit of 800x600 pixel, 5 slideable emitter in Multilight situations ... There is nothing broken. You just have to live with this limitation or buy an upgrade to solve it.
No sorry mate you got me wrong! I got it completely! Limitation of the demo!

I was making fun of my bad (or dumb) in not reading the manual in relation to the demo contraints or limitations. And I guess asking the question as to why this would be a limitation of the demo anyway - no preview, limited res and watermark seems suitable limitations!!! Added limitations such as limited multilight functionality I think leaves the dumb like me (could throw Tom in here too maybe in this instance - he has to be caught out at least once!) wondering if something is broken.

Hey and my mother's tongue was German too, always regret she never taught me any, I could throw some beack at you as I thought my message of self slander was clear enough!!
By macray
Richard wrote:...
I was making fun of my bad (or dumb) in not reading the manual in relation to the demo contraints or limitations. And I guess asking the question as to why this would be a limitation of the demo anyway - no preview, limited res and watermark seems suitable limitations!!! Added limitations such as limited multilight functionality I think leaves the dumb like me (could throw Tom in here too maybe in this instance - he has to be caught out at least once!) wondering if something is broken.

Hey and my mother's tongue was German too, always regret she never taught me any, I could throw some beack at you as I thought my message of self slander was clear enough!!
didn't want to annoy or insult you. and I cannot answer those questions as well..
By tom
Richard wrote:could throw Tom in here too maybe in this instance - he has to be caught out at least once!
Hahah, exactly! I have to RTFM next time. :mrgreen:
By Richard
Oh and BTW Macray, before you start trying to have a shot at others for not having the insight to understand the writings of the manual it might well be reflective to ask why!! Simple answer - there isn't one to look at unless of course it is hidden in the bowls of the earth!! It isn't (or was upon last looking) available in the V2 download portal, so I guess you have one up on the rest of us hey!
By macray
Richard wrote:Oh and BTW Macray, before you start trying to have a shot at others for not having the insight to understand the writings of the manual it might well be reflective to ask why!! Simple answer - there isn't one to look at unless of course it is hidden in the bowls of the earth!! It isn't (or was upon last looking) available in the V2 download portal, so I guess you have one up on the rest of us hey!
It's available since the day after the Maxwell download started - on Think!
http://think.maxwellrender.com/maxwell_ ... l-297.html

and there was at least one NL post about this.

edit: okay, it was not by NL, but still... look here
By macray
sampson wrote:It's also in the maxwell application folder.
yes. it is also included in the main maxwell render download and installation... (though the version on the think website is more up to date)
By Richard
Thanks guys! I couldn't find it on the dowload section of the customer portal when I downloaded!

BTW I'm Australian - English is not a language we're really accustomed too!

Macray: Sorry for getting a bit ripe earlier, 9 hour meeting today and as a result missing our qualifier for the Asian cup left me a bit short! So I heard on the news Timmy Cahill put the only ball into the net, so I'm a bit more chilled now!
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]