All posts related to V2
By knurrebusk
My dream has been to paint with Maxwell Render, but I can´t use the sun to paint my visions.

I´m perhaps not up to Juan´s bright mind, but i NEED to control the Sun, both in architecture/art.
Please make me believe in bright minds like you, I´´ve been so patient.

Spendt 4 hard years in Asia, I´ll return just to hammer into my head not to be nice.
I´ll dedicate the rest of my life to be a nail.

My alternative, I´ll follow my mind,and support Juan/Maxwell.
Believe me I could do much worse.

So anyone ready for crazy architech stuff ?
Like Maxwell is made for?

Then there is the IQ. Long time planning.

Planning for space, not kidding.
We´re walking on broken glass for sure.
By knurrebusk
I need to explain deeper!

I need a Sun to be a Sun, I can´t have a sun together with a HDRI image?

Yes! i know that it will be problemematic etc (kidding)

I´m far off my 180+ iq long time ago, but 130+ is ok, so why not make a sun light a inferiour hdri?

Lets cut trough the shit, i´m not stupid, why this kid came?

We love pure talent, why do you wast it on Norway.

I drown myself in oil/talent, we´re talented anyway.
I´ve survived anyway, will climb the highest challenge.
We climb, not many of us do.
By Richard
Seriously though it has been the long time wish of many to be able to adjust or vary the level of any environment lighting through the emixer and something I certainly wish had been included in the current version. The ability to vary the mix of IBL, sky done and phyisical sky/sun would be an amazing tool for creating strong moods to final output.

Even the ability to vary other environmental parameters would be a great inclusion...
By NicoR44
My god..... this is just to funny, could you explain a bit more, it's almost coming to me, please consider that my IQ is just on level 50, so downgrade your comments to my level please :)
By Bubbaloo
I've saved the world many times through my wrongfully ignorant indifference, although there is surely a beast among those who suffer long term. Intelligence configures minds to be spacious while maintaining want. Altering personal reality for monetary gain surely sets the apes apart from the rest of the post popular pop star populace. Not to even mention the dogs running loose in the fields of antidisestablishmentarianism. The bastards. I like Juan.
By ivox3
I believe knurrebusk is smarter than us. lol. I also think he wants a product that we're not even thinking about, at least yet.

An interpretation with a little creative license added ..
For entertainment purposes only. :)

knurrebusk wrote:My dream has been to paint with Maxwell Render, but I can´t use the sun to paint my visions.
In a former life you would of known me by the name, Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn, and in that life I was a master of painting light with traditional means. I am back and ready for the next level medium, .. I have determined that realm is digital and it's called Maxwell. That said, to do just that, .. I need all or more ability in controlling the sun's finer qualities, just as in real life. A one size setting fits all isn't going to work.

I´m perhaps not up to Juan´s bright mind, but i NEED to control the Sun, both in architecture/art.
ong make me believe in bright minds like you, I´´ve been so patient.

I make it no secret in revealing my level of intelligence and I acknowledge the technical intelligence displayed by Juan, ..yet it wouldn't make any sense to follow that 'intelligence' if I knew it wasn't at or greater than my level -- My mind needs evidence to quell that fear. Please, ..I've waited patiently, ..just give me something/anything to let me continue believing.

Spendt 4 hard years in Asia, I´ll return just to hammer into my head not to be nice.
I´ll dedicate the rest of my life to be a nail.

Living in Asia was tough business, there's so many people and the competition is rough. I guess the experience taught me that nice guys get trampled. You really have to assert yourself and think about number one all the time if you want to make it. Maybe that's cool, maybe it's not, ..doesn't matter, in a dog-eat-dog world, it'll work. So, from here on out, .. tough as nails is my moniker. And pertaining to this issue, ..I will be no less tough.

My alternative, I´ll follow my mind,and support Juan/Maxwell.
Believe me I could do much worse.

Okay --- I've made up my mind to support Juan and Maxwell development. I've researched other stuff and have concluded that this is the cutting edge. I'll stay here.

So anyone ready for crazy architech stuff ?
Like Maxwell is made for?
In the future, renders are going to move from simple photorealism into hyper-realism, at least in my opinion. Anybody down with me on that ? I'm not just talking about renders, but literally works of art.

Then there is the IQ. Long time planning.

Getting there isn't for the faint of heart or dumb. It's going to require very smart people and a long term vision.

Planning for space, not kidding.
Listen, if you don't have a vision, then you'll never get there .. Seriously, this is definitely the primary point I'm making.

We´re walking on broken glass for sure.

I believe what he's saying on this last one here is that we're at that point where these ideas he's discussing are dangerously fragile, ie, .. that if some energy/effort isn't directed towards some of these goals, ..things could quickly go in in an opposing direction and quickly kill off the possibility of ever realizing 'his' dream.
By ivox3
Thanks Mihai ... trying. LOL. Talk about lost in translation.. Doing my best.

I absolutely reserve the right to be completely wrong. There's my disclaimer.

Another:
knurrebusk wrote:I need to explain deeper!

I need a Sun to be a Sun, I can´t have a sun together with a HDRI image?
I'm talking about the living sun, not some static version in an hdr. In an HDR, ... I don't have the control.

Yes! i know that it will be problemematic etc (kidding) Talk about a can of worms ! lol..

I´m far off my 180+ iq long time ago, but 130+ is ok, so why not make a sun light a inferiour hdri?

Maybe over time I've slipped from a superior IQ of 180. Presently I'm more like around 130. At any rate, ..I don't require what I used to when I was at that 180 mark. So, I'll make a concession with you: How about making a version where we can use the sun with standard controls, ..but the type of light is that of an HDR ? The concession part comes in because I don't require all the other background stuff nomrally included in an HDR, I just need that sun to have that 'look' of an HDR.

Lets cut trough the shit, i´m not stupid, why this kid came?
I'm good at reading between the lines and it's my impression that this is what Juan was born to do, ...to make the baddest ass piece of software -- ever !

We love pure talent, why do you wast it on Norway. Ivox: "I'm stumped ! lol..." Norway could be a metaphor for cold or I'm simply missing an actual reference.

I drown myself in oil/talent, we´re talented anyway.
I'm a sick painter and I'm sick with skill, ... I was born this way.

I´ve survived anyway, will climb the highest challenge.
We climb, not many of us do.
I'm only interested in having aspirations that push me to the maximum of my abilities, ..can't say that for most people though.
By knurrebusk
Ha ha :)

Great stuff, but I´m a bit serious at times too!
I can do great buildings/kitchens/gardens on demand if challenged, but why reinvent the wheel?

Only problem occur when 2millon euro villa is copied, and improved.
Very tempted to just improve on finished work, like go into anal details i never could do when I drawed the general idea.

I got a great link for humor, just hilarious, watch it if depressed :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9994388404#

PS; I do many tasks at 1, so it´s not all fun, 90% of me is hard study/work.
By Richard
I think I just wet may pants!!! Mate if your IQ is dropping rapidly I said it before and will say it again - the weed dude drop the weed! I know, trust me, did same for me! I was once a brilliant mind and now I wear slippers!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]