By PatSieb
I don't know if it was already in the wish list about the (Sun-Ball) as dynaraton mentioned above. Will cinemaxwell handle this in a near future? if yes, how will it work?

here is a topic about "Sync Cinema 4D Sky-Sun to Maxwell Render"
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... hp?t=20348

This would be a great option!

Thanks
By JDHill
In the next version, the Scene object will be able to draw a sun-indicator like this:

As you change the date/time/location/rotation, the indicator moves to show you what you're doing. I'm not sure about linking to c4d sky/sun because the plugin always does auto-gmt, but maybe it can be made to work.
By PatSieb
thanks for your answer JDHill, it sounds good for me....maybe in the future you will find a better solution. :wink:
By dynaraton
Thats great with the Sun Ball JD......
It would be greater if we could move it around in C4D but at least I can see the sun ray while setting up my scene.
Thanks again! 8)
By spekoun
JDHill wrote:As far as bump/etc., it is not really the intention that Maxwell Materials in the plugin would be used for setting up pretty Cinema scenes - the function of showing any given texture in the viewport is meant to be used as a utility, the main purpose of which is to provide you with an accurate idea of how textures will be placed in the Maxwell render.
OK I understand. I can live without bump and other, but transparency and clipping would be good. For example: windows with AGS are grey in viewport instead of trasparent. Will be possible atleast read transparency from Maxwell material for viewport?

And I have to say again, I am really happy with your plugin. You maka a really gud job. I am just making some suggestions.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]