By numerobis
hi,

i'm new to c4d and cinemaxwell. could someone explain the workflow for applying mxm's to objects? i have imported the mxm's into c4d and assigned to an object, but i can't see the texture and it renders without texture... :roll:

...and another question: how can i control the smoothness of an object? i've imported the geometry for sketchup (3ds)
By seco7
Hey,

I'm not sure what you mean by the textures not rendering. Do you mean the material is not getting assigned to the object or that some aspect of the material (bump) is not rendering? Just a thought, is it not showing in the Maxwell Render or the viewport? Maxwell materials don't show textures in the viewport only in the Maxwell Rendering.
By numerobis
seco7 wrote:Maxwell materials don't show textures in the viewport only in the Maxwell Rendering.
oh... :? not good
...is it not showing in the Maxwell Render or the viewport?
both... i can't see any texture in the render too. So how can i position the texture? could you explain it step by step?
By MS
numerobis wrote:
seco7 wrote:Maxwell materials don't show textures in the viewport only in the Maxwell Rendering.
oh... :? not good
Textures are shown in viewport. The main texture is shown for each material. So you can adjust UV scale and position directly in C4D as usual.
By numerobis
...but how?!? :?
By norbertsf
I had to reinstall the Maxwell plug-in from a fresh download and restart c4d for the textures to be visible in c4d. (make sure you have "textures" on in C4d "Display" pop-up). You should be able to see them in the viewport.

Norbert
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]