By ggordge
Thanks victor.... Plugin working great. Except that I have this problem with over illuminated scenes..... Whether I use maxwell sun or archicad sun the light is way too bright. It looks as though one of my materials is an emitter. Does anyone have the same problem? Or is it my material settings?
By juan
Hi ggordge,

Take a look at the following parameters, all of them affect to the light that goes to the camera:

- intensity, units, and type of your emitters
- intensity of maxwell sky dome or hour and day of maxwell physical sky
- Camera settings: specially fstop (increase it to have less light) , shutter and ISO.
- scale of the scene.

Regards,

Juan
By ggordge
Hi Juan,

Thank you for the reply. I do realise the implications of the camera settings but with the archicad plugin it makes use of the default archicad camera without provision for altering these settings (or am I mistaken?) so it seem as though I cannot alter fstop. In the maxwell UI I can alter the shutterspeed and ISO which helps a little. Furthermore the plugin does not give the option of a skydome and therefore one cannot alter the intesity of these either. I did play around with the time of day but the light was still too intense compared with a model I rendered in Max. The other default is scale in archicad as the plugin obviously recognises archicad scaling parametres. So after all this I think it might be a material issue although I have checked all of them... this is why I was wondering if someone else had the same problem.

Thanks again for the reply and please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
By vaidi
Hello all,

when exporting quite complex ArchiCAD model to *.mxs file quite often the plug-in CAN NOT write output file showing error message "QTImage error (err: 0) (gsErr: -7003)". :cry:
Is there any problems with ArchiCAD or Maxwell plug-in? Anybody gets the same problem? Any suggestions?
thanx in advance. :wink:
By Steve Jepson
I have had the similar error message with more complex projects.

I used the marquee tool to surround not so much of the model to get it to work. A stair seemed to be my problem.

We may find that certain library parts don't work very well when using Maxwell. ?
By psimun
same problem with me also....
it might be embedded objects used from
libraries created with earlier archicad versions?

i had a problem with a ac9 project using some
kitchen cabinet objects from older v8.1 libraries

maybe????
By psimun
*AC9 plugin not updated.. can't create mxs files

*tried to export other file formats into studio... doesn't work

*tried 3ds format... very little success. Most of the geometry still missing & all imported geometry reads as 1 object only & not separate objects.....Also z axis orientation wrong

needs serious attention....
By x_site
does the current plugin work with the latest version of archicad?
By Steve Jepson
I don't know yet.
Someone esle might.
By x_site
lets have the plugin for version 11 please!
By Steve Jepson
now we need one for 12
By pelias
Steve Jepson wrote:now we need one for 12
I am Beta testing AC12 myself and I can promise that as soon as the rendering DevKit is available from Graphisoft (which is still not the case) I will build Maxwell plugin for AC12.

Pavol
By Steve Jepson
pelias wrote:
Steve Jepson wrote:now we need one for 12
I am Beta testing AC12 myself and I can promise that as soon as the rendering DevKit is available from Graphisoft (which is still not the case) I will build Maxwell plugin for AC12.

Pavol
There is one for B7. Will that do?
By pelias
Steve Jepson wrote:There is one for B7. Will that do?
Unfortunately this is not the case. What is needed for Maxwell is Rendering DevKit (Maxwell is a rendering add-on). So far only regular API DevKits were released and Library DevKits. I was supposed to get one this week but there were problem with that build so we have to wait until early next week.

Pavol
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]