By Gary
Hello:

Here are a few suggestions regarding the interface between form z and mxed:

1. regarding the function of the "edit" button:

If you have worked on other materials inside mxed after assigning a mxm material in form z, when you hit "edit", it does not take you to the mxm you want to edit, it just opens mxed.

It would be great if when you hit "edit" mxed would open the mxm you are wanting to edit.

2. regarding the display of the mxm location:

it is almost impossible to have the entire mxm location fit in the display area. I often have to place my cursor in the display box and scroll to the right to see the actual location or mxm name.

Why not have the entire location displayed above or bellow the current display box location as an un-editable display of text. The current display box would remain for selecting new mxm's.

Thanks,

Gary
By juan
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your suggestions. Regarding #1, it should work as you say, mxed should always load the mxm file you want to edit. is it happening to anyone else?

To keep you updated, we are working in supporting formZ animation in the plugin, things are going good so far :). In future updates, when you click "Generate Animation" and Maxwell is selected as the active renderer, the animation will be generated with Maxwell. (By the way the last version of FormZ v6.5.6 will be needed, older versions do not support it).

Regards,

Juan
By big K
hi juan and gary,

i can´t confirm point 1. as when i edit the material from within formZ the material is loaded.

michael

p.s.

that would be on winXP64 with formZ64bit 6.5.6
By Gary
to clarify point #1:

1. if mxed is not open and I click on edit from Z, it takes me to the correct mxm.

2. if I do not quit mxed, go back to form z, and then try to edit another mxm, mxed comes to the front, with the first mxm displayed.

3. if I quit mxed after editing a mxm and then chose to edit a different mxm from z, the correct mxm opens.

Can anyone else duplicate the #2 condition?

It would be good to not have to quit mxed each time after a edit but not have the #2 condition exist.

Gary
By tcamco
Hi Gary

Yes I experience the same problem as you describe. If mxed is already open the previous mxm does not change.

Regarding #2. I also have to scroll to see the entire path.
By Gary
Thanks for confirming.

I hope these get modified— IMHO, little interface details like these and stability are what make good applications great.

Gary
By Gary
Hello Juan & Pavol,

Just tested and the following condition still exists. Can you please verify and advise if it can be fixed.

1. if mxed is not open and I click on edit from Z, it takes me to the correct mxm.

2. if I do not quit mxed, go back to form z, and then try to edit another mxm, mxed comes to the front, with the first mxm displayed.

3. if I quit mxed after editing a mxm and then chose to edit a different mxm from z, the correct mxm opens.

Thanks,

Gary
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]