By dkessler
Juan,

I think I've been confused by the title of the buttons. To summarize what I now understand...

The "Map Style" button is mapping (as well as it can) the RenderZone surface style attributes to the Maxwell MXM. Anytime the button is pressed, regardless of the listed path, it will make a new MXM from RZ.

The "Refresh Style" button is actually sending the MXM attributes back to the formZ RenderZone surface style attributes (as well as it can). If no edits were made to the MXM after it was originally mapped from RenderZone, nothing would change in RZ.

Obviously, I was thinking "Refresh Style" refreshed the preview. Perhaps the button titles could be improved to make it more clear to people like me who don't like to read manuals :oops:

I dunno, maybe button titles like "Map From RZ" and "Apply To RZ" would be less confusing?
By juan
dkessler wrote: The "Map Style" button is mapping (as well as it can) the RenderZone surface style attributes to the Maxwell MXM. Anytime the button is pressed, regardless of the listed path, it will make a new MXM from RZ.
If the path is not null, it wont make a new MXM file but will overwrite the existent one.
dkessler wrote: Obviously, I was thinking "Refresh Style" refreshed the preview. Perhaps the button titles could be improved to make it more clear to people like me who don't like to read manuals :oops:
I dunno, maybe button titles like "Map From RZ" and "Apply To RZ" would be less confusing?
I agree, we will change them. Any other ideas for the button titles?

Juan

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]