By noseman
I rendered out a 251 frame animation.
C4D created 251 mxs files called "testCartoon01xxxx.mxs" (xxxx is the frame number inserted by the plugin)
up to this point it is ok... BUT
When the render starts it says "rendering file testCartoon0000.mxs ** file not found"
It forgets the that the file should be called "testCartoon010000.mxs" and looks for "testCartoon0000.mxs"...

is this a silly bug... again?
By noseman
...and another question:
how do we stop C4D from writing out animation frames (mxs) if we choose to do so, in the middle of the export procedure?
By Becco_UK
noseman: I had the 'file not found' error yesterday. Turned out the plugin didn't like my file naming (I use a number at the end). I replaced the number with a letter and all was well. I would still like to use my numbering system though.

A 'stop writing mxs' function would be a nice addition to the plugin. It's very annoying when you forget to change Cinemas' project settings and then have to endure Maxwell write hundreds of mxm files!
By noseman
I have found "workarounds" for both these situations, but I feel strongly that they should be addressed VERY soon...

In the first case, you could use Apples automator (on Mac OS x) and rename all the .mxs files to get rid of the extra digits. (there must be a Windowz equivalent of a batch renamer).

For the other, just "force quit C4D"... stupid, but effective 8)

Anyway...

edit:
The good thing is that you can save at the same time the plugin is writing the .mxs files. So, first save, and then force quit... capiche?
Last edited by noseman on Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By dyarza
noseman wrote:(there must be a Windowz equivalent of a batch renamer).

LOL!!!! :D :D :D :D

I wish!

D
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]