By stu.dio
this is quite minor I guess - but if you have any textures/materials made in cinema that have accents such as "é - ü" (or likewise but I haven't tested them all) in their name the translation through to maxwell omits this from the name and will not be able to find the texture - and the render will fail. It does save the converted texture with the accent: but looks for a file that does not have this in the name.

When you open up in studio and go to replace the texture in the loading section where it asks for a replacement - it will not let you select the file - or any other for that matter. I have tried changing the name of the tga file but still nothing.

So you say no to all the above to access the scene in studio. Go to edit the material, and within the material editor it shows the red circle with a line through it (missing texture) - click on this to get a replacement - studio crashes.

I have come across this only by using some 3rd party cinema textures as I would never put an é or ü in the name of a material - only because I'm lazy - and very rarely name anything.

Anyway it;s an easy fix - delete the accent within cinema and resend

But would this have anything to do with other stuff texture related??-unicode fonts/keyboard translations?

This error was found on a mac
By Tyrone Marshall
stu.dio wrote:this is quite minor I guess - but if you have any textures/materials made in cinema that have accents such as "é - ü" (or likewise but I haven't tested them all) in their name the translation through to maxwell omits this from the name and will not be able to find the texture - and the render will fail. It does save the converted texture with the accent: but looks for a file that does not have this in the name.

When you open up in studio and go to replace the texture in the loading section where it asks for a replacement - it will not let you select the file - or any other for that matter. I have tried changing the name of the tga file but still nothing.

So you say no to all the above to access the scene in studio. Go to edit the material, and within the material editor it shows the red circle with a line through it (missing texture) - click on this to get a replacement - studio crashes.

I have come across this only by using some 3rd party cinema textures as I would never put an é or ü in the name of a material - only because I'm lazy - and very rarely name anything.

Anyway it;s an easy fix - delete the accent within cinema and resend

But would this have anything to do with other stuff texture related??-unicode fonts/keyboard translations?

This error was found on a mac
Thanks for the catch, I will forward this information.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]