By adri
Having a begrudging go with 1.5 again after all the rubbish that C4D users have had to endure.

Can anyone point me to why my floor plane (just a standard plane at 1000000X1000000 given that the C4D floor object is not handled by MW!) and my hdr sky are so far apart and is there a way to fix this?

The only solution I have seen so far is to always point the camera downwards!!! Not really much good.

TIA

Adri

adri wrote:Having a begrudging go with 1.5 again after all the rubbish that C4D users have had to endure.

Can anyone point me to why my floor plane (just a standard plane at 1000000X1000000 given that the C4D floor object is not handled by MW!) and my hdr sky are so far apart and is there a way to fix this?

The only solution I have seen so far is to always point the camera downwards!!! Not really much good.

TIA

Adri
Hello Adri,

The floor object is not supported with the plugin, use a regular plane object instead.

There is a current problem with correlation between HDRI mapping in Cinema 4D versus HDRI mapping output from MXCL. It is being looked into.
By adri
So are we in the position that we have to contrive a way round this problem by avoiding pointing the camera at the huge ugly black bit? Not very good for Arch Viz work I have to say!

Was this in the previous cinemaxwell and it hasn't been fixed or is it a brand new bug for us to cherish?

TIA

Adri
By adri
Tyrone? Anyone?

Is there a way round this and is it due to be sorted in a bugfix?

TIA

Adri
By Tyrone Marshall
adri wrote:Tyrone? Anyone?

Is there a way round this and is it due to be sorted in a bugfix?

TIA

Adri
Hello Adri,

Please post a screen shot of your HDRI image. I am not aware of a bug in the manner of the scene you have shown so far. I need to see more to see what is going on.

Post screen shot of your scene as well including object manager, and the sky object including the maxwell render sky tag.
By adri
ok,

I notice that some of the hdr images I have have a black base. What kind of hdr should be used in MW? I have been using Lat Long based images. Should I be using a different projection?

TIA

Adri
By Tyrone Marshall
adri wrote:ok,

I notice that some of the hdr images I have have a black base. What kind of hdr should be used in MW? I have been using Lat Long based images. Should I be using a different projection?

TIA

Adri
Hello Adri,

Any HDRI can be used in Maxwell Render. I find the quality to be exceptional and true. I may release another free one soon.

Check on CGSociety, there was a thread by ThePriest where he offered a lot of free HDRI made with Vue.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]