By pelias
I guess you've meant export to MXS (not 3DS) and layout in Studio. If this is the case than there is an easy fix - you can try any of the pre-defined layouts (menu: Window/Layout) or create your own layout and save it (menu: Window/Save Layout).

Hope this helps.

Pavol
By justinj1023
No, I meant 3ds. If you look in the upper left hand corner you'll see house.3ds.

I'll try wht you have suggested. Thanks for your help.

Justin
By pelias
justinj1023 wrote:No, I meant 3ds. If you look in the upper left hand corner you'll see house.3ds.
OK - I see now. Anyway the information on Studio layouts applies to this case as well so you should try that.

Pavol
By justinj1023
Not sure what you mean. Can you help me to understand?

Justin
By pelias
I've assumed you are using the standard path from ArchiCAD to Maxwell using ArchiCAD plugin. It seems you go through 3ds file - slightly different mechanism but with a similar result. No matter what the mechanism to get the data to Studio - if you have problem with Studio layout you can load other layouts or create your own.

Hope this helps.

Pavol
By justinj1023
I use the 3ds export because, in v1.1 your materials automatically group by the export settings. But, when importing the 3ds file now using v1.5, all I get is this mess.

So, I have been saving the .mxs file from the plug-n and then going into studio and setting up the scene. Very long process!

It was just faster the other way.

Justin
By Mihai
By mess, you are talking about the Studio layout, or that the 3ds file is imported incorrectly?
By justinj1023
That the 3ds file is imported incorrectly.

I didn't know if this was an Archicad export issue or a v1.5 issue.

Justin
By mess, you are talking about the Studio layout, or that the 3ds file is imported incorrectly?
By Mihai
The 3ds import has been improved for the next Studio patch, but it would help a lot if you could PM me a file (as simple as possible) that doesn't import correctly to Studio. I could take a look and see if it imports correctly now.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]