By seco7
jc4d wrote:Please seco7 can you explain me in more detail this request?
Well, I'm not an expert, but let me try with an example. If you take a camera and shoot across the street you could see a wide panarama including ground close to you as well as several blocks away (short focal length). Or you could see the hubcap of a car two blocks away (long focal length) essentially zoomed in.

Maxwell's camera has a virtually infinite focal length, like a super giant macro to telephoto lens. Now you use a background in a custom MXM (say a HDR for argument) which is the only way you can in the current plug. The problem comes that you must interpret what focal length that HDR was made with to show correctly in your viewport and render. But considering you cannot see that custom MXM in your viewport, it is complete guesswork and trial and error. Getting close is only agonizing horrible, but getting very close or exact (for photo matching for example) is cut-your-leg-off ridiculous.

The only option is to use studio where you can see it in the viewport and use some combination of key strokes I cannot remember to dynamically adjust the focal length until it matches whatever the original HDR was made with. Of course, even if you knew what the original was made with you still have to adjust because of lens distortions and differences between film and digital focal length unless your using a backplane that mimics actual film focal lengths blah blah blah.

Does any of this make sense? In short, there should be some way of scaling / matching backgrounds that works.

Steve
By Eric Lagman
Texture preview in viewport for custom mxm's. I guess if the material system is integrated this should happen automatically. Also maybe ability to choose which texture is shown in viewport for a specific material. Just like it does in studio. I can choose to see my bump map or color map in the viewport.
By jc4d
Hi seco7 i try different focal length and aperture width with C4D camera and the plugin translate everything fine, the problem i think resides in the background object of C4D which is cannot be readed by cinemaxwell plugin in order to make a photomatching (at least this is the way to make it, with background object)
The only workaround is adding a sky object assign a maxwell skymap (enabling Background Map Screen Mapping) and assign your texture map, later add a Background object and assign the same texture map, and finally make your photomatch.
So in resume your request is the Background Object of C4D can be read by the plugin, am i correct?
Eric Lagman wrote:Texture preview in viewport for custom mxm's. I guess if the material system is integrated this should happen automatically. Also maybe ability to choose which texture is shown in viewport for a specific material. Just like it does in studio. I can choose to see my bump map or color map in the viewport.
Hey Eric if you don´t assign a texture tag in a C4D object how can you see and manipulate the texture mapping in the viewport.
And selecting what channel you want to see in the viewport is a task ok C4D software not a plugin.
Please let me know if i´m wrong

Cheers
JC
By Eric Lagman
jc4d wrote:Hi seco7 i try different focal length and aperture width with C4D camera and the plugin translate everything fine, the problem i think resides in the background object of C4D which is cannot be readed by cinemaxwell plugin in order to make a photomatching (at least this is the way to make it, with background object)
The only workaround is adding a sky object assign a maxwell skymap (enabling Background Map Screen Mapping) and assign your texture map, later add a Background object and assign the same texture map, and finally make your photomatch.
So in resume your request is the Background Object of C4D can be read by the plugin, am i correct?
Eric Lagman wrote:Texture preview in viewport for custom mxm's. I guess if the material system is integrated this should happen automatically. Also maybe ability to choose which texture is shown in viewport for a specific material. Just like it does in studio. I can choose to see my bump map or color map in the viewport.
Hey Eric if you don´t assign a texture tag in a C4D object how can you see and manipulate the texture mapping in the viewport.
And selecting what channel you want to see in the viewport is a task ok C4D software not a plugin.
Please let me know if i´m wrong

Cheers
JC
You are correct this is why it is a wish. Right now if I make a custom mxm material I have to put textures into it and c4d material to preview it. Thats double texturing. I guess my wish already goes with someone elses. To integrate maxwell materials into c4d and not have it be separate. This will solve a lot of issues. The whole stealing properties from cinema material tags has got to go.
By Eric Lagman
Mine fits more with 0012 wish I think. Maybe just take mine off. It doesnt really make sense the way it is worded. Maybe make it maxwell material properties visible in open gl C4D viewport. Thanks for making this list by the way.
By stu.dio
jc4d wrote:
stu.dio wrote:Actually -- scrub all the above I just said - something like they have done for Final Render where it's ALL in cinema - that's COOL. imagine the same render style as maxwell in the heart of cinema.. PLEASE (I don't think I'm the only one on this.)
With your permission may i modify this wish?
The plugin can have differents render options like render active object, render region, etc, inside cinema.
What do you think?

Cheers
JC
And why not... how about a toggle switch that directs the render to either AR or MW then all render active object/region etc etc is driven by this gate. All in Cinema, It would be mind blowing! for us (and probably the programmer)
By seco7
stu.dio wrote:It would be mind blowing! for us (and probably the programmer)
Well, probably difficult but we have seen it with fr2 and are seeing it with the vray bridge. The integration of either/both of those are beyond what we are asking for here.
By big K
good thread, hopefully gets some attention.

as i stated before, i am for a materialsystem completly integrated into cinema. like fR2 has and vray will have. fryrender has an integrated material system like this as well. it would be nice if cinema mats would be supported but this is no must, as you alsways get the better results with the renderengine specific mats. in this way you can handle the materials like cinemas own. you may map them use the material tags as usual ...

i really would prefer to leave the excisting tag system behind and do a nice integration like in maya, 3ds, rhino, formz ...
it was possible there, so why not in cinema?

i do not mind the renderer being an externel app btw. and i love studio for some last minute changes on the whole scene. (i always see it as looking into what my renderer does app)

cheers
michael
By macray
my wishes are:

- support multiple materials on one object. I mean more than one diffuse or more than one plastic on one object via the polygonselection. (it's possible for different materials now, but not for several polygonselections that should have different diffuse materials)

- dismiss the necessity to have to assign a cinema and maxwell material and then to add the cinema material in the maxwell-material. That should not be necessary, as it wasn't in the releases before.
By jc4d
macray wrote:my wishes are:

- support multiple materials on one object. I mean more than one diffuse or more than one plastic on one object via the polygonselection. (it's possible for different materials now, but not for several polygonselections that should have different diffuse materials)

- dismiss the necessity to have to assign a cinema and maxwell material and then to add the cinema material in the maxwell-material. That should not be necessary, as it wasn't in the releases before.
Hi macray i can assign many diffuse materials as i want and mixing with others tags. Here a screenshot of C4D and Maxwell Render

Cheers
JC
By jespi
jc4d wrote:
macray wrote:.
Hi macray i can assign many diffuse materials as i want and mixing with others tags. Here a screenshot of C4D and Maxwell Render

Cheers
JC
Hello jc4d! Could you explain me how do you do this? and is also possible with textures?

Thanks in advance!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]