By jc4d
Post here your wishes for future improvements:

---------------------------------

0001 Pack and Go via plugin jc4d
0002 Option for merge emitters by type to -ml jc4d
0003 Load a KML file inside plugin jc4d
0004 Set seed via plugin and automatically append seed number in the file name jc4d
0005 Assign Object ID inside C4D jc4d
0006 If refraction number is 1 in transparency channel the plugin can create a AGS material, if the refraction number is different the plugin can create a Dieletric material jc4d
0007 Cinemaxwell and custom MXM must obey the texture path of C4D preference and use a relative path Rochr
0008 Better memory management for allowing high resolution renders Rochr
0009 Lighting analysys tool lichtwerk
0010 The ability of saving and directly using hdr files lichtwerk DONE
0011 Fix the alpha channel for output image Rochr
0012 Maxwell materials available right inside cinema's material manager including viewport and possibly even the content browser seco7 DONE
0013 A moveable sun within the plug similar (or better) than in studio seco7
0014 If a texture is missing etc it would be great to know this before sending to render seco7
0015 Interactive focal length system would really help in photomatching seco7
0016 The MXS export should obey the object hierarchy tree of C4D (this is useful if you work with Studio) stu.dio
0017 Progress bar while exporting or saving the MXS file and a Cancel button jc4d DONE
0018 Differents render options like render active object, render region, etc, all inside C4D stu.dio DONE
0019 Attaching mxm emitter mats to c4d lights (using native C4D lights) adri DONE
0020 Enable checkbox into the light tab in cinemaxwell to export or not the native C4D lights jc4d
0021 Exclude from Z-CLIP planes inside cinemaxwell mashium123 DONE
0022 Blow up render inside cinemaxwell jc4d DONE
Last edited by jc4d on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 14 times in total.
By Rochr
I only have two wishes.

1. Fix the paths for MXM-files. Currently Maxwell all to often forget locations of textures coming with a lot of MXM materials.
One easy way to solve this would be to freely be able to assign a folder from where the program would gather all material data.

2. Better memory management for allowing high resolution renders.
You can´t simply blame RAM for the lack of proper output resolution, when just about any other software can render out highres with far heavier scenes than Maxwell can handle.
And that on a normal 32-bit system.

Edit: Come to think of it, i have one more wish and that´s fixing the Alpha Mask. It´s unprecise and basically useless, because you get a thin white contour around all the objects.
By Tyrone Marshall
Good list Jc4d!

I have to question 0005- asyou can already output composite maps using cinema 4d to generate them with object buffers.

Can you explain in more detail this request?
By Rochr
jc4d wrote:I added your wishes to the list, i hope i understand you right about your wish number 1 :wink:
I think that´s right. :)

ps. don´t forget the alpha mask issue
By lichtwerk
Ok, here I go:

I would still like to acceed to all of maxwells features directly from the plug, especially as far as the materials are concerned.

Furhermore I am very interested in any kind of lighting analysys tool; once, virtual sensors had been mentioned.

The next wish is the ability of saving and directly using hdr files.
By jc4d
Rochr wrote: Edit: Come to think of it, i have one more wish and that´s fixing the Alpha Mask. It´s unprecise and basically useless, because you get a thin white contour around all the objects.
You mean about alpha channel in the final image rendered or the alpha channel applied on materials?
Tyrone Marshall wrote: I have to question 0005- as you can already output composite maps using cinema 4d to generate them with object buffers.
Can you explain in more detail this request?
Of course Tyrone, when you check Id Object in the cinemaxwell plugin should read the object buffer applied by compositing tag (i know that the Maxwell render take longer rendering different channels)
lichtwerk wrote: I would still like to acceed to all of maxwells features directly from the plug, especially as far as the materials are concerned

As far i know the material creation in studio and plugin are the same.

Cheers
JC
By lichtwerk
Well, as far as I know the plugin still has some limitation in comparison to mxm materials created in studio; what about the layering system and dispersion. Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know these features can be acceded only from the material editor which is not integrarted in cinema 4d. :roll:
By seco7
In general I'd say just see the Maya plug for what I wish in the Cinema plug :)

Specifically, I wish the bug that drops the texture paths of custom materials would be fixed. I guess all the bugs exterminated would be nice.

I know most have been mentioned in other threads but:

I always thought it would be great to have the maxwell materials available right inside cinema's material manager including viewport and possibly even the contect browser. In general, I find the plugins implementation of MXMs clunky with lots of trial and error. Please no spams, that's just my opinion.

A moveable sun within the plug similar (or better) than in studio.

Some sort of interactive focal length system would really help in photomatching. This would probably be under the "everthing that is in studio should be in plug" catagory.

Is it possible for the plug to pre-process errors? If a texture is missing etc it would be great to know this before sending to render. For example, in the aformentioned bug that drops texture paths, if exporting a large job that may take some time 5 - 10 minutes just to find out via the console that the texture path is missing again.
By Rochr
jc4d wrote:You mean about alpha channel in the final image rendered or the alpha channel applied on materials?
The alpha for the final image. (output channels)
I´ve seen previous threads about this issue a couple of versions back, yet it´s still left unsolved.
seco7 wrote:I always thought it would be great to have the maxwell materials available right inside cinema's material manager including viewport and possibly even the contect browser. In general, I find the plugins implementation of MXMs clunky with lots of trial and error. Please no spams, that's just my opinion.

A moveable sun within the plug similar (or better) than in studio.

Is it possible for the plug to pre-process errors? If a texture is missing etc it would be great to know this before sending to render. For example, in the aformentioned bug that drops texture paths, if exporting a large job that may take some time 5 - 10 minutes just to find out via the console that the texture path is missing again.
Excellent pointers! I second all of these.
By jc4d
Rochr wrote: The alpha for the final image. (output channels)
I´ve seen previous threads about this issue a couple of versions back, yet it´s still left unsolved.
Hi Rochr i added your wish but i think this is a bug in the core program not in the plugin.
seco7 wrote: Some sort of interactive focal length system would really help in photomatching. This would probably be under the "everthing that is in studio should be in plug" catagory.
Please seco7 can you explain me in more detail this request? :wink:

Cheers
JC

PS. I´m not Nextlimit team or anything only an user who want a better plugin :wink:
By stu.dio
I would really like a better import into Studio if Studio is to be the way into a successful render.
What I mean is when we send a model with deformers/boolean/symmetry instances null group folders - fillet edges on extrudes - all this type of stuff generates a list in studio that seems endless and looks nothing like it does in cinema's manager. I find it really daunting and often can't be bothered to churn through the object and material list The only way round this I have found is to combine all objects in material order in cinema, then polygon the lot and connect each item - ending up with 1 object per material... a lengthy but successful procedure.
What would be great in studio is to be able to keep our organising folders/manager list as intact as possible. - or some better way than it is at the moment.
It's fine for simple scenes but when you go for content - MAN.... you know what I mean - it's a nightmare
Maybe we should have MW Studio for Cinema4d only... :-)
Thanks
By stu.dio
Actually -- scrub all the above I just said - something like they have done for Final Render where it's ALL in cinema - that's COOL. imagine the same render style as maxwell in the heart of cinema.. PLEASE (I don't think I'm the only one on this.)
By jc4d
stu.dio wrote:Actually -- scrub all the above I just said - something like they have done for Final Render where it's ALL in cinema - that's COOL. imagine the same render style as maxwell in the heart of cinema.. PLEASE (I don't think I'm the only one on this.)
With your permission may i modify this wish?
The plugin can have differents render options like render active object, render region, etc, inside cinema.
What do you think?

Cheers
JC
By Rochr
jc4d wrote:Hi Rochr i added your wish but i think this is a bug in the core program not in the plugin.
Yeah, that might just be the case. Still, it needs to be fixed, so it doesn´t hurt to point it out...again. :)

Thanks for putting the list together btw. Now, if someone from Next Limit would actually visit this section and comment on the list, it would be even better.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]