Everything related to SDK.
By DoctorBuzz
Hi,
when you think to release a new SDK version that reflect all the changes we have seen in the new plugins or at last that give us access to features like MXI/HDR textures for the environment etc.? Also the Multilight option doesn't seem to work with this release of the SDK (you can set it correctly but to make it work you have to load the scene in Maxwell Studio...but maybe is my mistake).
Thanks in advance for support.
By Mihnea Balta
The plug-ins were built with essentially the same SDK that's available on the website. There have been some speed optimizations, but no new features.

HDR works, use the Cmaxwell::setEnvironmentLayer() function to set the layers and Cmaxwell:enableEnvironment() to turn on the image based environment.

Multilight should also work, enable it like this:
Code: Select all
byte val = 1;
scene->setRenderParameter("USE MULTILIGHT", sizeof(val), &val);
If that doesn't do it (it works here) you can also enable it in the command line when you run mxcl, but I don't know if this is an option for you.

I can't offer "official" support, but if you have any other SDK questions I'll try to answer.
By juan
We will update the sdk when v1.2 is released, but actually, ss Mihnea says, the new plugins are done with the 1.1 sdk.

Kind regards,

Juan
By DoctorBuzz
Thanks for the reply guys.
By juan
juan wrote:We will update the sdk when v1.2 is released, but as Mihnea says, the new plugins are done with the 1.1 sdk.

Kind regards,

Juan
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]