By andronikos916
We all agree that maxwell is not the fastest renderer out there but my comments on that are:

1) Very little time to light / set up a scene

2) Still alpha Version

but... I agree with you.
By tetsuMaxwell
But wait..

Despite we only have the alpha version, Keytoon guys (creators of Dr.Maxwell) use Maxwell beta as they say and they got noiseless beautiful render results in 10mins each.
Code: Select all
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=173806&page=10&pp=15#post1736616/
How did they achieve that?
I know Jonatan | sytron, one of the Keytoon members, is already signed up for this forum.
Any help, Jonatan please?

Thx.
By andronikos916
they should have a better - new version.

why?

- working close with maxwell guys so - they need to test it first before upload it online for us...

I do not mind about that... It is like knowing that maxwell will k@#$ a$$ soon when watching these guys do a 10min rendering with that quality...

Now if they using the same version then the have to tell us the tricks and optimization stuff - we can also promote maxwell by making better renderings for our clients...

So I do not think that they are hiding tricks from us - they just using new version I beleive.

...and I have to say the 1.1.5 is much faster in my opinion!

keep up the hard work!

hardware is getting better and better too!
By Renato Lemus
Be patient guys, with the last update , we can get a better image quality and reduce rendertimes. And this last update is just a small patch, imagine the next major update!, and imagine the final 1.0 version. I believe maxwell has great future, at least for what I do (Archviz).
By Neil Evans
I'm drooling, when can we get our hands on it?

I got Maxwell yesterday and already like it aloooot!

All my images are blurry but hey, I guess it is me that doesn't know how to use it yet.

A better manual would be good and maybe some basic tutorials :D

Cheers

Neil
By andronikos916
Neil Evans wrote:I'm drooling, when can we get our hands on it?

I got Maxwell yesterday and already like it aloooot!

All my images are blurry but hey, I guess it is me that doesn't know how to use it yet.

A better manual would be good and maybe some basic tutorials :D

Cheers

Neil
Why your images are blurry? Check your camera tarket ...
By Neil Evans
Hi

Excuse my ignorance but what do I need to do with the camera target? I was using a free cam is this not good?

Cheers

Neil
By Tyrone Marshall
Sometimes it is easier to move a target and leave your cam stationery. Allows you to be much more precise when positioning your view.
By Neil Evans
OK, I thought it was something to do with the blurry images.

I have actually dorted the blurry images, not quite sure how but I did it :D

One thing I do find is that it doesn't matter where you point the camera, Maxwell seems to make it's own mind up what it wants to render. I am guessing this is a bug..

Cheers

Neil
By Tyrone Marshall
Neil Evans wrote:OK, I thought it was something to do with the blurry images.

I have actually dorted the blurry images, not quite sure how but I did it :D

One thing I do find is that it doesn't matter where you point the camera, Maxwell seems to make it's own mind up what it wants to render. I am guessing this is a bug..

Cheers

Neil
I have not had this problem, I position the camera and what I see in the viewport is what I get in the render.

You have to have the current viewport be the camera you want to render. (This is how it works with MAX)
By Neil Evans
Ture I have tested the camera in Max and it works fine. But I am using Maya and by the look of this thread ' Trouble render with MAYA' I am not alone. As I said, I guess it is probably a but that will be fixed in the next release...

Cheers

Neil
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]