Everything related to http://resources.maxwellrender.com
By Polyxo
Latex and silicones, all sorts of rubber with or without talcum, technical plastics like bakelite, pertinax and other urea-based plastics, plastic foams...
Not sure, of how much use they are for most users, but I haven't seen these yet.

Holger
By hyltom
Polyxo wrote:Latex and silicones, all sorts of rubber with or without talcum, technical plastics like bakelite, pertinax and other urea-based plastics, plastic foams...
Not sure, of how much use they are for most users, but I haven't seen these yet.

Holger
Second that.
By nik_h
SSS canvas and/or paper lampshade would be really, really useful.

Cheers,

Nik
By wagurto
I don't see much of arch/viz material like granits, marbles, stones etc.
concretes and bricks and pavers would be great.
Fantastic site NL keep the good work!
By spekoun
I vote for some lamp shades and some frosted glass...

These arch requests are a little bit off. This ia much more about textures! We already have all needed settings in arroway mxms...
By martindejager
Water would be very nice. Not water in a pool, but seawater etc.

Martin
By kraemerJK
Spekoun, I do not think that archviz requests are off. We do not have "everything" in arroway mxms, furthermore there is a lot of stuff that you need for archivz in a less "perfect" but therefore faster setting, because we archviz guys tend to have relatively large scenes compared to most (not all) product viz scenes. So we sometimes depend on materials that might not rely on complex ior´s or a gazillion layers. [edit : I know that arroway does not use complex ior....]

By the way, I enjoy watching the online-library fill up with all kinds of crazy materials like sponges or olive oil. For me as an arch viz guy this stuff is not very useful, but it surely is highly usable for other people. So let´s respect each others requests, because not everybody works in the same field, yet uses the same software.
By Mike Scola
For us product designers I would like to see some standard materials like plastics categorized by polymer type. For example:

ABS
Polyethylene
Polypropylene
nylon
elastomers of various types
open and closed cell foams
Glass filled materials
etc...

A plastics reference handbook would give an idea of the gamut of materials. I'm not so concerned about color as I am about the physical properties of each.

I could go on about other classes of materials! You get the idea. :wink:
By blueplanetdesign
How about condensation for the outside of a glass bottle...
By arch4d
need a grass material, perhaps with a good map?!?

i don´t have any clue how to make this !!!
By Maximus3D
arch4d: I see you requested a grass texture. Could you give me some more info about how you would like it to be.

- Texture resolution ?
- Non-repeating ?
- Tileable ?
- Is it for closeup renderings or distant renderings ?
- Color variation, flowers and so on.. ?
- And more that i might have missed here, fill in the blanks :)

/ Max
By Maximus3D
Ok... anyways i played a bit and tried to make something like grass based on a image i found on the web. Using that i made a large 4096x4096 map and a simple MXM for that.

This screenshot below with the small red framed area shows to the right a full 1:1 zoom of that specific area of the texture so you can see what it's like in a closeup.

Download it all here.. 44mb winrar compressed file.
http://rapidshare.de/files/31413368/Gra ... 6.RAR.html

As always i'm mirroring the same files on my server, find them there if you can't download from Rapidshare.

/ Max
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]