All posts related to V2
By chaad
Hi.
I need to have a material like bubbles in the water.
In maxwell render its not possible to put -0.9 for ior like in vray or skine line in 3dsmax.
How do you make air bubbles in water in maxwell render ?
Thank !
chaad
By Fernando Tella
Shouldn't it be something like building the geometry of the bubbles, invert normals and attach to the geometry of the mass of water?

Edit: Ah! Ok, I understand... You mean to insert nd~1 bubbles inside the water volume.
By chaad
Fernando Tella wrote:Shouldn't it be something like building the geometry of the bubbles, invert normals and attach to the geometry of the mass of water?

Edit: Ah! Ok, I understand... You mean to insert nd~1 bubbles inside the water volume.
Hi Fernando.
I try with invert normal and its doesnt work. I remember, before Maxwell render exist, for do bubble in max, you invert IOR with 0.9.
We cannot do that with Maxwell :(. I want reflexion inside the sphere like reality.
By Fernando Tella
I've tried both ways to check:

First one is made the geometry of the bubbles attached to the box of water with normals inverted.
Second one is made with bubbles detached from the water volume, normals pointing out and with nd= 1,001 (nd=1 does't work).

The result is almost the same (not identical) but probably the second method is the easiest to build.

Edit: I built an animated gif to see the differences:

By chaad
Fernando Tella wrote:I've tried both ways to check:

First one is made the geometry of the bubbles attached to the box of water with normals inverted.
Second one is made with bubbles detached from the water volume, normals pointing out and with nd= 1,001 (nd=1 does't work).

The result is almost the same (not identical) but probably the second method is the easiest to build.
Hi Fernando. Nice result, its like that i want. I try tomorow and put my picture after.
But why you need box with water material ? And when i invert normal, nothing change for me.
Maybe Maxwell render cannot do that ?
Thank Fernando
By Fernando Tella
chaad wrote: But why you need box with water material ? And when i invert normal, nothing change for me.
Thank Fernando
You need the water volume to let Maxwell know when the light rays enter the water material and then go out from it at the bubbles' surface. If not, Maxwell will think water is inside the bubbles instead of outside.
By chaad
Fernando Tella wrote:
chaad wrote: But why you need box with water material ? And when i invert normal, nothing change for me.
Thank Fernando
You need the water volume to let Maxwell know when the light rays enter the water material and then go out from it at the bubbles' surface. If not, Maxwell will think water is inside the bubbles instead of outside.
Then maxwell is very smart !
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]