All posts related to V2
By Asmithey
Hi there,

I have two nodes and my main computer. When I render over the network, the main machine renders fine. But the two nodes keep telling me that on of my mxm's can not find a certain jpg in the spec channel. I have double and triple checked. The material in the pack and go file is correctly referencing the image texture.

At a loss.

Aaron
By Asmithey
Yep, I have actually tried those options, opening the material in mxed and send dependencies. The only thing I did not do was recreate the material. I will give that a go.

Thanks
By Asmithey
Just can't seem to figure this one out. Recreated the texture with a simple image texture and then applied to the object. Re uv unwrapped the object. And when I try to render it over the network, it tells me it can not find the image texture in the NEW material I created. Renders fine with The Maxwell Render application on any machine.

Hmm.
By Asmithey
The first texture was called Asplaht_4.jpg. It was a two BSDF one layer material. Very simple. Then I replaced it with another version and I named Asphalt_Test.jpg I just used the image texture in the reflectance 0 slot. My next test I will just make a white material, same name, no maps and see what happens. I have many other materials with image textures in them. So we'll see what happens.

So I went and replaced my asphalt material with a plain white material, no image maps. I sent it to render over the network, and it just went on to the next material, which is my concrete curb material, and said it could not find the image texture for that material.
By Mihai
I don't see why this wouldn't work if you have send dependencies checked. Did you actually check in the node if the texture was properly transferred to its temp folder?
Please try a very simple scene, a cube, with a fresh new material with one texture in it, and have send dependencies checked.
By Asmithey
Simple scene works fine. Back to the problem scene.

When I render network render, not co-op, on my main machine. It comes up with an error that states "Silver acm 3.mxm was not in the dependencies list". I checked the dependency folder and it was there. Also, In the Maxwell Monitor, it says the rendering has failed and the machines status is at ready. But the rendering is happening. I just get the mxi from the network folder in the path that is specified in the preferences,
C:\users\aarons-station\appdata\local\temp\mxnetwork\rendernode_aarons-sation. All of the materials and image textures are in there as well.

But when I try to do a co-op render, it still says it can not find textures. I went to all the machines and checked that the dependencies had been sent. Everything is as it should be as far as dependencies go.

So, still not sure what is the cause. I mean it has to be some kind of a messed up material/ image texture referencing thing. You know, I have a lot of materials that I use over and over that I scab from other jobs. But I checked all the texture paths and reloaded them.

I can us the Maxwell Render application on any machine and it renders fine.

Thanks
By Asmithey
Good idea. I'll try it.

Here is what I did. I checked all the Maxwell network folders. They were empty. I then copied all the files into the network node folder. I sent the rendering with send dependencies unchecked. And the project now renders on all machines. So it seems there is an issue, with this project, sending the dependencies. But it is strange because I checked all the files when I did have send dependencies checked and they were all there in the node network folder. So they were being sent, just not read properly.

Thanks
By choo-chee
I have noticed that sometimes if you do not actually connect to a network driver through windows first (yes' double clicking on the drive icon) maxwell cannot find stuff over that drive...
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]