All posts related to V2
By Steve Jepson
Is it possible to edit this material so it does not have the tile pattern in it ?

"http://resources.maxwellrender.com/sear ... ch=metalic floor&v1=0&v2=0&tipo="

brushed metallic floor

How do I do that ?
By Steve Jepson
Thanks seghier,

How did you find where the lines for the tile are?
By joaomourao
Seghier, check out the brick procedural with same height and width for brick and small brick, use double brick and you have a tile with the size you want and you can define the colors (or in this case a texture) for both the bricks and mortar! so cool! the pool tiles preset is an example for just that...
tiles and brick got a big help from v3 ;)
cheers!
By seghier
joaomourao wrote:Seghier, check out the brick procedural with same height and width for brick and small brick, use double brick and you have a tile with the size you want and you can define the colors (or in this case a texture) for both the bricks and mortar! so cool! the pool tiles preset is an example for just that...
tiles and brick got a big help from v3 ;)
cheers!
if you use image with brick procedural texture ; the result not good like when you modify it in photoshopor or gimp .....
By joaomourao
Steve, you miss understood it... The material you had in the first place had a tiling in the textures you were using... There is no other way to remove those tiles but editing them in photoshop or similar software... That's what seghier did with the new image.
With v3 now, to get a tiled image like the first one you presented us you don't have to do them in photoshop, just use a brick procedural with images of your choice...
Seghier, the beauty of this is that tiling and similar mathematical procedurals can now be using photographic textures and I bet in a very near future it will acquire the possibility of randomness and chaos... Procedurals will mature with time and will give us more freedom of creativity with easy management...
Cheers!
By Steve Jepson
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt64d5ifpsfwv ... st%20b.mxs

Just testing now to see if I was able to upload a Pack an Go ok or not. Thanks for the help.

I was thinking that there was perhaps some image file that was being used in this material to make the lines for the tile that I could just remove.
Now I understand that it was a tiled image to start with. I just didn't look close at it.

What I did was adjust the pattern to where the lines could be removed using the Maker Over Tool and Clone Brush I have in Corel PaintShop.
I was hoping I could generate a rendering that would not need any post render work.

The reason for using this texture is because the guy making the chair said he will have to put something like this on the chair to hide marks that will be made when he bends it. It is supposed to be bent form a single sheet of metal but he may have a couple of welds to grind and hide as well.

The chair is modeled with ArchiCAD and looked terrible until it is smoothed in Maxwell Studio.

The fabricator went online to the Maxwell Materials library and selected the material he thought would match what he will do to the chair. It is nice to have the Maxwell Materials available for other than Maxwell users to look at.
Last edited by Steve Jepson on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]