All posts related to V2
By Rafal SLEK
Happens to me few times - after setting many MXS references (inside ArchiCAD, as instances), I render my scene and everything is ok.
When I Stop render and Resume strange thing happens in my render — almost all instances turn to Ghosts :-). I presume that they automatically switch to Hide from camera option
but still drop shadow n the scene.
Any of You experienced something like this, huh? :wink:

after Resume rendering:

By numerobis
For me all instanced mxs-references completely disappered lately after i stopped and resumed a render directly from the maxwell render window. Only one copy of each mxs-reference was rendered. :roll:
Scene exported from sketchup.
(resuming a network render works fine)
By Rafal SLEK
Probably it is the same case. As it it visible on my renders - some of the instances are still alive :-) probably these are first mxs which I've placed there (don't remember).
By Rafal SLEK
My workflow is ArchiCAD -> Maxwell Render. As I understand - try your steps with Maxwell Studio?
By numerobis
Rafal SLEK wrote:Probably it is the same case. As it it visible on my renders - some of the instances are still alive :-) probably these are first mxs which I've placed there (don't remember).
ahh... now i think i restarted the render with a different resolution - so, no resume but complete restart. So this would make sense... if you resume the render and it gets merged with the first run the objects are transparent as seen in your example.
By Mihai
Rafal SLEK wrote:My workflow is ArchiCAD -> Maxwell Render. As I understand - try your steps with Maxwell Studio?
No, just close Maxwell.exe first, before resuming. I assumed that you render, then click stop, then hit resume again? If not, ignore my suggestion :)
By Rafal SLEK
As I try to play back the sequence - these two hints could help. I click scattering for simulens, and probably I've started without closing Maxwell.
It is WIP so probably I'll re-render it two or more times,I'll be careful then.
By Rafal SLEK
Thx everyone for help. Did not change anything this time and after Maxwell restart I resume render with all instances 8)
By choo-chee
I never resume a render since it causes all sort of bugs (like yours...).
If I need to send something before the render is finished (like a draft for the meantime) I just take the images and leave the render running.
By choo-chee
the most annoying: the render notes the SL it reached, not the DESIRED SL. so you click "render" and say that, yes, you wish to resume... see that all is loaded and voxelization started, and go home. and than find in the morning, that the render finished successfully because it stayed at the same SL...
I also had a problem that resuming a tmp scene failed.
By Bubbaloo
That's just bad workflow procedure. You should always save out the MXS and MXI for later resuming. I would never try to resume some temp mxi for an important job.

Also, I have found that getting used to using the Network Wizard for all final render jobs, even if only on one computer, is a good idea, because it forces you to keep track of and organize your MXS and MXI files.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]