All posts related to V2
By dmeyer
Half Life wrote:Specifically it said "October hopefully" -- which leaves some wiggle room if need be.

Best,
Jason.
2013?

i kid, i kid... :lol:
By Maximus3D
O boy a new 3.0 release on the horizon. :)

Things i guess could end up in this shiny new baby would be stuff like the long gone procedurals, the atmospherics system such as the one Thea Render have, the usual core speedimprovements, a real dirt & weathering system so we can finally see some realistic aged renderings, volumetric casustics, pool caustics with normal human lifetime rendertimes and much more. :)

/ Magnus
By jfrancis
rickyinmotion wrote: > interactive preview with multilight, no need to wait the next SL

Can you stop it now, preview, then resume?
By dmeyer
A fast fluids solution that can take grids from Fume or Maya Fluids would be very handy.

And a depth dependent SSS system that can do multi depth materials such as skin.

And a pony.
By itsallgoode9
gadzooks wrote:These are my thoughts. Pretty much what Fernando Tella stated.

caustics through dielectrics (Lower SL to achieve better results)
if this doesn't make it into V3 I will personally fund Next Limit's R&D for this in the next version. Mark my words! :mrgreen:
By Fernando Tella
itsallgoode9 wrote:
gadzooks wrote:These are my thoughts. Pretty much what Fernando Tella stated.

caustics through dielectrics (Lower SL to achieve better results)
if this doesn't make it into V3 I will personally fund Next Limit's R&D for this in the next version. Mark my words! :mrgreen:
I wouldn't put much hope on that. In fact, the problem is just computationaly expensive, but not technically hard (well, it is for me but that's not the point). Actually it's solved, but it takes too much, like diffraction or sss for example (ok, it takes more). Probably some optimization can be done, though. So maybe you'll end up putting some money. :mrgreen:
By dariolanza
One important note:

I must remark that next week is not the official announcement, but for the ones among you that are going to be at Siggraph, you can come to the Next Limit booth to talk to us. There we can tell sneak peak of what is coming and maybe show some images.

But for the official announcement and list we still may need to wait a bit more.

Dario Lanza
By mashium123
oohh, that's sad :(

i really thought siggraph and public v3-announcements were bundled.
so, you won't spread some infos&pictures publicly?
only for those, who are there in person?
By dariolanza
Yes, we like to unofficially show what are we preparing at each Siggraph (like we did when we showed Fire there).

The final broadcast official announcement and campaign will be later (when the testing phase were finished).

Dario Lanza
By macray
the newsletter sounded like you announcing it on monday, while showing it on Siggraph.

But the new offer should be available from monday? Or did I misinterprete the newsletter once more?

nethertheless - it is good to hear that there is some change (in form of v3) is coming). :)
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]