All posts related to V2
By kami
In theory you could just restart the same job (with the same settings) then he'll ask if you want to resume the job or restart.
If you press resume he resumes only the frames that have not reached the final SL
By Ernesto
kami wrote:In theory you could just restart the same job (with the same settings) then he'll ask if you want to resume the job or restart.
If you press resume he resumes only the frames that have not reached the final SL
Oh! I will try!
E
By Ernesto
No, UNFORTUNATELY it is NOT possible!
What are we supposed to do in this case (the system crashed in the middle of a progresive animation rendering)
I tried all possible ways and all I get is reprocesing and overwriting the already rendered frames!!!
Pleasse help!

Ernesto
By kami
did it start from scratch? did you disable the mxi output? because I've used it a few times when something crashes - which happens quite often :(
but I'm not so sure anymore is if I used it with progressive rendering. I think I just resumed crashed animations (without progressive) or I let a rendered animation cook a little longer by restarting the job with a higher SL and resuming. What I noticed there was, that you have to select EXACTLY the same settings (eg. alpha, material id, object id etc.) if you want to resume it, otherwise it crashes. You cannot just resume the rendering, but you'll have to resume the masks as well
By Ernesto
Thanks Kami,

Yes it started from scratch, and started overwriting the old files.
I have done that (resuming a rendering) in case of a still image, but have never done in an animation, and cannot imagine how could that be done, that would not be handling one by one...
I am still trying to figure out how to do this...

Ernesto
By Bubbaloo
Ernesto wrote:Yes it started from scratch, and started overwriting the old files.
You did it wrong. Stop posting about your every embarrassing misstep and get in there and try things. Do it until you get it right. Come back and tell us when you got it right, and we'll all celebrate with you.
By Ernesto
This is what should happen:
Resuming a network render
Add a network job as usual through the network wizard and if Maxwell detects that there is already an MXI in the output location with the same name as the output specified when adding the job, it will ask you if you wish to resume the render.

But this is what is happening:
I have all the MXI files in the output folder, but Maxwell or the Network Monitor, seems not to see them, and is not asking for a resume option...
This is obviously not working as explained in the on line documentation. Just in case I am rendering an animation.

Ernesto
Last edited by Ernesto on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ernesto
Bubbaloo wrote:
Ernesto wrote:Yes it started from scratch, and started overwriting the old files.
You did it wrong. Stop posting about your every embarrassing misstep and get in there and try things. Do it until you get it right. Come back and tell us when you got it right, and we'll all celebrate with you.
Bubbaloo,
Your comment is agresive, not helping, and USELESS.
You seem to have a disturbed mind, and probably nothing to do, to spend time and work in this manner.

As for Next Limit moderators:
The extreme passivity of some of you, and the abnormal agressity of some others, is conspiring against the normal functioning of this space, turning it a pain, instead a brainstorming ambience for the well being of the product and users.

This It is really a pity, and is not helping Maxwell brand at all, so if the main responsibles of Maxwell decides that they care about the Forum as a support service, now they know what to do. Otherwise this space will tend to emptiness.

Ernesto
By eric nixon
3D in general is all about problem solving, its much quicker to run quick tests on isolated issues than burden this forum with hundreds of threads.

Brian is tired of helping you, everyone is, you talk crap about non-existant bugs AND you never learn. Unplug yourself, spend your parents money on a vacation to a zen mountain or something. Stop wasting time and money on technology which is completely beyond you.

You insult those that try to help you, and have proven track record of illogical thought. Please go away and never come back.
By kami
It's a pity that this platform which is supposed to help people is being used to randomly insult people.
If you have to earn your living by doing CG work, there just not enough time for endless tests for stuff that does not work as expected (even though it should). The jobs are just not well paid enough!
And as much as I love maxwell, there is still some stuff that is not working as you would expect or buggy, especially concerning the network rendering. As well as a lof of stuff which is very complicated to figure out by yourself and you'd need a lot of time for tests to get good results. So asking the community for help concerning workflow or their experience is very valuable.

On the other hand, for real issues with the software, you better contact the NL support directly. It still requires a lot of time to prepare the files and explain your problem. But at least bugs will eventually get fixed that way.
By eric nixon
No ones 'randomly insulting people' Kami, we have remarkable patience, but after 100 pointless threads by this joker somethings got to give..

I agree with your principle, but in this case you dont know the facts, go read all those crazy threads, and consider who your supporting with your comment.
By Ernesto
Coming back to the real matter:

As far as I could understand the RESUME option is NOT working for ANIMATION rendering through the NETWORK rendering system. Nevertheless in the ON LINE DOCUMENTATION it says the OPOSITE. Since I am not sure I understand how the Network system was designed, I could be missing anything, so: Pleasse NEXT LIMIT, correct me or confirm the BUG.
Thanks

Ernesto
By Bubbaloo
Recently I've rendered an animation to S.L. 5 for preview, then resumed it to S.L. 12. It worked, and I don't think there has been any updates since then.

List your steps to resume an animation and I or someone else here can tell you if you've made an error somewhere. Please keep it short and precise. I don't want to read a novel. :wink:
By Ernesto
Well it is very simple:

I have all the already rendered 200 frames at SL 3 and 7 in the right folder, in both fileformats mxi and png, as well as material and objects channels in png formats, so 800 files in total.
First, I run the nodes in each machine (3) then run the manager in one machine, and the monitor in the same.
Choose add a new job, (animation) and just go to the folder where mxs are stored, and choose the first frame. The Network system detects they are 200 frames and set it to 1-200, and that is it!
As usual, the system check for dependencies and then asks the user to check next.
As soon as they can, the machines start rendering, and when the images are finished they overwrite the files, since the names are the same.
I tried to see if the renderings would start from SL 3 or 7 but this is not happening, they start from scratch.

Ernesto
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]