All posts related to V2
By arch3d
Hi all,
Is it difference in render time if i use embed channels (instead of separated alpha channel)?
Sorry for question but i have hard time now and i cant perform any tests :\

Thank you for help
By hatts
You will save a tiny amount of time because the renderer will not need to write two different images (color, then alpha) to disk.

If you're doing a 10,000 frame animation, this time savings can be very helpful. However, writing out a separate alpha file tends to be good practice anyway, as it can be crucial to proper compositing or post-processing.
By arch3d
hatts wrote:You will save a tiny amount of time because the renderer will not need to write two different images (color, then alpha) to disk.

If you're doing a 10,000 frame animation, this time savings can be very helpful. However, writing out a separate alpha file tends to be good practice anyway, as it can be crucial to proper compositing or post-processing.
I noticed if i turn on alpha it slower render a lot. Most of a cases i render image, than turn off all time consuming settings (render only diffuse without reflections) and alpha channel. SL 11-12 gives clear alpha. I know it isnt correct but is faster :)

Thx for quick answer :)
By Mihai
That would be the main advantage yes - most channels clear much faster than what is needed for the render. The channels can take time because they take into consideration DOF, and the shadow channels also the GI. Many times I see people just turning on all channels not even knowing what they do/if they need them and increase the render times unnecessarily.
By arch3d
So it would be great feature if i could manually setup SL for each channel (IDs and alpha) :) Shadow Pass is great but takes ages:(
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]