All posts related to V2
By DMCDESIGN
I just upgraded my License from Educational to Full Commercial. Following the instructions that were provided, I started Maxwell, went to Help, chose License Info. A small dialog box comes up telling me my Educational Licence is successfully registered, but there are no options for "Add License" which the instructions say should appear. Do I need to re-install the suite? Want to get going with the full license. Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks,

Douglas McLean
By DMCDESIGN
Thanks for your reply,

I am using the latest version. After going through some of the FAQ's I Managed to solve the problem myself by renaming the mxstdlicMAXWELL_LEARNING.dat file to something meaningless. This disabled the education license and when I ran Maxwell again I came up with the dialog box that asked which version I was wanting to authorize (which is what the instructions said should come up) Everything then proceeded as written and now all is well.

Learning Edition License was great for being able to evaluate Maxwell over an extended period of time in real use. Kudos to Next Limit for going that route. 30 day limits or heavily crippled versions just don't give you the opportunity to really see whether a software is going to work for you. Restriction to HD res was high enough to allow me to do useful work, so I could actually be getting work done, not "just" evaluating. Looking forward to exploring higher res and even getting into some network rendering.

Thanks,

Douglas McLean
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]