All posts related to V2
By Ernesto
Thanks Mihai, I have read the "before you begin" section.
As you suggested my emiter materials were too dim for the Multilight range.
But the SUN is stucked, although I was not using the Colour Multilight setting. If the sun stucked problem is not limited to the use of Colour adjustment of emiters, it becomes an important obstacle in my particular case.

E
By Mihai
You may be too "stuck" on this sun stuck problem. If you suspect this, try another scene, but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem here or that it will become an important obstacle in this particular case. I mean, what happened when you solo'ed just the Sunlight? Black render?
By Ernesto
Yes, it gets black
It has to do with image based transparent emiters. When I remove them from the scene, the sun comes back to normality.
There is something wrong with them...
I wish it would be easier to create such a material, for instance a two layers material: In layer 1 an emiter and in layer 2 an opacity value of 0% all blended together in aditive mode.

E
By Ernesto
I have fixed it, removing the emiters and reloading them again. This seems a random problem, now it is working fine.
I have been editing the emiters several times, and changing the polygons working as emiters when this happened and there was one of the polygons with the emiter material that had no UV. My guess is that it produced the problem. Now, that it is working I didn´t wanted to touch them anymore, and everything seems stable for now.

Previously I had learned that setting the Multilight to Colour would produce the sun stuck problem, (probably when in combination with these image based transparent emiters) since then I am using intensity multilight only.

Thanks Fernando

May I ask you how did you created the image based transparent emiters?
I am looking for a better material that would not receive nor block any light from other sources.

Ernesto
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]