All posts related to V2
By RichG
I bought some more nodes in the sale and I can use some colleague's Macs to network render overnight. As I understand it, their Macs need to have my Home folder mounted so that their node can see my licence, is that right? Much as I may trust these other people, I don't really want them to have full access to my Home folder, not the least because they could just copy my Maxwell licence if they were so inclined. Am I right in my assumption and is there any way around it?
By numerobis
Mihai wrote:What if you set the license file to read only?
where is the difference? read = copy... no?

maybe you could set it to "hidden" - but this only works if the hidden files are not shown to the other users
and maybe it could be set to be read only for the "system" and no other users ...i don't how/if this works with osx
By JDHill
I haven't checked this yet, but I would think you might be able to do it by sharing just the license file, and then making a symlink or alias to it, on the other machines.
By Mihai
You could also add a environment variable which specifies a custom license path which can point to any folder. See the Custom License path note on the licensing page:
http://support.nextlimit.com/display/ma ... /Licensing

Not sure how you add an environment variable on OSX...
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]