All posts related to V2
By Ernesto
Hello,
I am trying V2.7 now, and have one basic question.
I use Maya and the pluggin. Now Multilights seems to work By material, although in V1.7 it was fixed by object, I found that now it is an option!
Network rendering could be used for single image too!

I know that Multilight in this version is able to change the colour I found the option, but it seems that I will have to decide between INTENSITY or COLOUR, meaning if I decide COLOUR, I will not be able to change intensity...
Is that right?

Thanks
E
By Ernesto
But I am having a problem.
In the multilight setting there is a bos where you can choose SEPARATE or COMPOSITE
I understood that it will separate the light channels by objects or will composite them by material.
But it is not working...

In the same rendering Options there is another box that says separate
I understood that it would separate the image in diferent channels each of them in a separated image file.
But I am not succeeding up to now...

My Materials Channel looks all gray... I wonder what is wrong...

E
By JDHill
In 2.x, lights in Multilight are always separated by material. The Separate/Composite Multilight option determines whether lights are all rendered into a single MXI or into separate files ( see here ). You are correct about the Separate/Embedded option in the Channels panel ( see here ).
By Ernesto
Thanks JDHill!
So if I want to separate lighting channels by objects, I would have make several copies of the same emiter materials in order to be assigned to the diferent objects.
Them maxwell would separate them in diferent channels in multilight feature.
Would that work?

E
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]