All posts related to V2
By Steven Houtzager
Just did a search in the online material database and did not see a Shadow Catcher. Now that would be useful. For those who have not dealt with one, it is a floor material that will only render shadows and lets the background through. It gives you more flexibility over the background.

Will give a go later.

* they also can catch reflections.
By kami
hmm. i'm not sure if you'll be able to get a solution with rendering only once.
but you could try this: (except for the reflections)
activate the "shadow" tick on your floor material and hide the object from camera.
By Fernando Tella
It probably is a bug. What happens if you launch the render only with the shadow channel active? It happened in previous versions that if you launched both at the same time it went wrong but worked fine if launched separatedly.

Toooom!
By Bubbaloo
Fernando Tella wrote:It probably is a bug. What happens if you launch the render only with the shadow channel active? It happened in previous versions that if you launched both at the same time it went wrong but worked fine if launched separatedly.

Toooom!
Yes, you must do a shadow channel render separately. :(
By Mihai
Are you sure you used the shadow material only on the floor and there is another material applied to the objects? If you have, are you using IBL? There are problems with IBL and shadow pass, it might work ok if the lighting from the IBL has sharper shadows.
By 3dtrialpractice
maybe this will help,,, its a pain but creat a seperate scene with non specular white material to catch shadows with (youll then be able to multiply it as a shadow in photoshop/compositor) and you can "cut" shadows specific objects out by using object pass(or material pass from fully textured scene) to help sort out shadows on various geometry

hopefully they will fix shadow prob soooon..
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]