All posts related to V2
By VALKAMA
Hello. I am rendering a small cafe and after an SL of 13.7 I still see this much noise. I have not used Maxwell in a long time but I dont remember this much noise at this level before. I am using Version 2. For materials I made sure that the reflectance was never 255 pure white but im not sure what else i need to do, if anything to make this cleaner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have too be done by tomorrow.

Thank you!

By VALKAMA
Hello Gadzooks.

I do have light bulbs hanging from the ceiling and i made a simple U shaped plannar fillament for the lightbulb. So yes, i guess it is enclosed in a glass object. Is their a work around for this?

No displacement in the scene and the lights are all planes.

Thank you!
By Josephus Holt
Try using AGS for the glass...you can use the v2 wizard (don't use v1.x ags glass). Better yet, if you don't see the glass, turn it off.
Also, do you have physical sky or sky dome light coming through glass? If so, I would turn that glass off.
For the emitters, if you can't see them, I would go with a very simple triangle or quad.
By gadzooks
I concur with what Josephus said. If any of you're emitters contains more than a single polygon you're going to have noise. And putting a emitter behind glass is a No No unless you have a week to render it. Like Josephus said try using AGS glass. And if the main glass where you're sunlight is coming from if it's not scene in the view turn it off.
By Mihai
If the light bulb geometry isn't too heavy you can add an emitter component directly in the light bulb material. This way it will emit light directly from that surface, and not create any caustics. If you use Multi Light, you can switch off the emitter and it will reveal the glass material. In a real photo the whole light bulb would look bright anyway so better applying the emitter to the bulb directly. You can simplify the model first if it's too dense.
By VALKAMA
Thanks everyone for the help. I ended up doing AGS glass and i put a simple emitter outside the window and turned off the sun completely. It actually worked out quite well.

Thanks again!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]