All posts related to V2
By naxos
Not sure to explain correctly in english, but i can try :

last year i had a real reflex camera, a canon 400D...
now i'm lucky i changed it for a canon 5D mkII...

main difference is that the 5D has a full frame sensor : 24*36 mm...

so the lenses i have are now real ones : i mean my 85mm lense is a real 85mm...
on the APSC (400D, smaller sensor), the 875mm lens was treated as a 135mm...
And i know my 85mm should me more like a 50mm with a middle format (6*7 forex.) camera...

so my question is simple : does MaxwellRender fit thaose lenses range ? where can i set the current virtual sensor to 24*36mm or 6*7 and so on ?

I ask because my customers are involved in photography, and they plan to mix photos and 3D... so focal length must fit exactly...
By tom
I guess you don't use Maxwell Studio because there's a Sensor rollout and some presets already. Although, it's the filmback doing the trick but I'm afraid you need to find the cropped* dimensions of those camera's CCDs. (*) It's some kind of trick when they don't have a full frame sensor. Afaik, the advantage is 875 mm out of 135 and the disadvantage is the resolution.
By naxos
damned ! you got me !!

i must agree : i use maxwell only as a nooby... as a teacher for 6 years now, i don't have time for go deep into softwares...

Shame on me, as i bought maxwell with the very early alpha release... (or was it beta ? don't remember)...

i should spend more time and go more deep into maxwell...

thanks for answer Tom...
By naxos
i bought V2 yes... and it is really faster...

But you know, till now my customers only asked me some outside architecture works... so i never had to think long for rendering...

Just now i have 2 potential customers that are involved in Photography... kitchen and bathroom photos...
and they asked me about frame size...
By itsallgoode9
Since you're talking about filmbacks in Maxwll, I'm curious to understand how it works...does adjusting the filmback size actually change anything in the render visually?? It's also along the same lines as adjusting the ISO...I know both make a difference in the real world, but I did not know if they change anything visually in the virtual world of Maxwell.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]