All posts related to V2
By Lorenz25
I tried the preset script for batch rendering, and detected that it doesn't render. The first scene gets loaded, the image path is set, but this is it. I have to start the rendering by hand. I couldn't find a mistake in the script, it just have to start 'Maxwell.startRender()'.
Someone here with the same issue, or better not?

Edit: Just discovered, that the shortcut for render(ctrl+alt+r) doesn't work, too. :?:
By Lorenz25
I'm using Vista 64, and in a second analyse I found out, that the shortcut is not working on my primary keyboard layout, but no problem on US. Tested the script with this change, too, but no luck.
By tom
Are you sure you're setting the paths correctly?
Code: Select all
var inputFolder = "C:\input";
var outputFolder = "C:\output";
Also, did you see the scene is loaded at least?
Code: Select all
var i = 0;
var isRendering = 0;

for( i = 0; i < mxsCount; i++ )
{
  renderScene();
Because at this point, it should start rendering the first scene.
By Lorenz25
OK, here is what I'm doing.
-Open Maxwell Render
-Go into the scripting menu at the top, and load the batch_render script
-Then in the now opened script window I modify the in- and output paths
-Now I press the play button in the script window
The scene gets loaded and it doesn't start to render.

Is there a system variable I must set?
By tom
Lorenz25 wrote:it doesn't load the next scene after the rendering has finished.
Lorenz25 wrote:-Now I press the play button in the script window
The scene gets loaded and it doesn't start to render.
Sorry, I'm confused. First, you said it doesn't render at all. Then you said, it renders the first scene but doesn't load the second one. And now you say it doesn't render the first loaded scene. Could you please record a screencast and send? (Here's a free tool which will help in this process http://www.jingproject.com/)
By tom
Lorenz25 wrote:I don't know if there is a context, but the render in Maxwell Studio only starts in the default layout. As soon as I remove the viewport, or replace it with a new one I can not send the scene to Maxwell Render.
Yes, it's because you don't have an active camera without a viewport.
By tom
OK, it seems like some or all of the required resources (textures etc) are not reachable. Please create a new empty folder. Copy the cornell_v2.mxs (\Next Limit\Maxwell 2\library\scenes) under this new folder and try batching using this folder to see if this simple scene will start to render.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]