All posts related to V2
I've never had this happen before with Maxwell, but a couple of times now since I've applied the latest patch (maybe just a coincidence?) have I started a longer render only to come back several hours later and see that my computer restarted during the process, this last time reaching approx SL 11.40 after 1 1/2 hours. Is anybody else experiencing this?

I might add too that when it restarts it rearranges all my desktop icons :evil: Also, I just opened up the Rhino file and see that all the textures (with Real Scale) are out of whack :evil: :evil:
This has happened to me too Josephus, I cant really track it down I have plenty of RAM left when I walk away not always the most overly complicated scenes, but Iam paranoid about corrupt materials and or geometry, seem to have avoided it happening too often :mrgreen:
Bubbaloo wrote:Is it a hardware issue? Maybe something is overheating? RAM, cpu, or vid card? Power supply going bad? If you are on windows, maybe you have automatic updates enabled which often require a restart?

I probably should have worded it "my computer is crashing while Maxwell is running".
I don't have windows auto updates enabled, so it's not that. Maybe a hardware issue...I've got someone helping me at that end...might have something to do with the cpu voltage which may need to be upped a tad now that it's been "broken" in. Will update bios too as I was told it's "waaaay" old.
I was able to do an all-night render (of the same model...no hardware/software changes) last night, but I closed ALL other apps before starting Maxwell Render.
tom wrote:So, doesn't it crash when you try with 2.0 or 1.7.1?
Never had a crash with 1.7 or 2.0, only since I applied the 2.01patch (crashed 2x during longer renders after an hour or two), but could be a just a coincidence. Someone who helped me put my system together 6 mos ago (he does not use Maxwell but is familiar with it) did not think that Maxwell was causing it but thinks it's more likely that it's a cpu voltage issue (my machine is pretty agressively overclocked, although has been totally stable until now).
tom wrote:Maybe this could help... but, I take no responsibility of course.
http://www.7byte.com
or maybe one of these...
http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_cpu.html
Thanks Tom, I'll check those out. I've used Prime95 before which seems pretty extensive...I'll see if I can find out which is the latest/greatest cpu/memory tester and will give it a go...just have to stop everything to do that which I hate to do :evil:
Looks like the source of the problem was NOT Maxwell related, but was from too much heat from my cpu....looks like once the cpu and heat sink got "broken in" after the first 6 mos of use that it required re-setting the heat sink...Maxwell running quietly on all 4 cores at a max 66 degrees, that's pretty decent considering the cpu is being overclocked to 142% of its stock speed.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]