All posts related to V2
By choo-chee
So I've decided to do a real test to see if ver. 2 is better with noise. I did a long render of a scene and tried to merge MXI. Surpise ! even all the 3 MXI's I rendered on different PC where at the same resolution, I get the msg that 1 of them will be ignored. The size of that file was 3 times bigger. On that PC I asked for a render + alpha + material ID, on the 2 others- only render. Could that be the problem? on 1.7 it didn't matter.... ?
By Mihai
In V2 the channels are embedded in the MXI which allows network rendering of channels and also resuming of channels. In 1.7.1 these were separate, so any options you enable should be the same for all renders.
By choo-chee
Ah. Ok. I'm not sure this is smart since I get huge files and you don't need all PC's to render material ID, I guess ppl with big farms may use this. Maybe an option to turn that off?
p.s. - I'll test again since I'm not quite sure if ver. 2 is really a big jump for me ...
By tom
choo-chee wrote:you don't need all PC's to render material ID
Why not? Just like render, it's also faster/cleaner when cooperatively rendered.
By choo-chee
I didn't know those channels can be merged ... how do I save the image id channel after merging? I see only the option to save image?
By tom
Once other channels are activated, you will find additional images saved under output directory. For example, if you've set output as test.png, the other channels will be saved as test_alpha.png, test_material.png, test_object.png and so on.
By choo-chee
ok that's a good idea !
I'll do my testing since TIME is the most critical part for us (a small office that needs to deliver fast)
thanx
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]