All posts related to V2
By tom
Mmm, no luck... I wonder how it happens. I'd be happy if someone else also check this file.

By Richard
Bugger! I've done 8 clean installs and it happens everytime I have more than 5 emitters! Weird!

Windows XP SP2
Pentium D 3.3GHz
3gb Ram (4!)

I know crappy rig but never had issue with numerous emitters before!
By Richard
Mihai

I tried down as low as 240px wide, I had no trouble in the past rendering that scene at 4000pix - not sure if V2 is dragging more ram even under intensity ML only?

I'm due for new machine anyway so it may come sooner, just been waiting for windows 7 to be standard release!
By mashium123
well, i tried your scene here on vista64.
the environment slider still there and working.
but in the untouched version of your file, the task manager showed 3.7gb for the maxwell.exe that was rendering your 1800*1500 scene.
i stopped that, because it was kind of freezing everything else... (had some things open)
lowered the resolution to the half and clicked render again...
and everthing looks quite normal...

btw, the memory consumption of your original scene dimensions:
multilight intensity+color: 3.7gb
multilight intensity: 750mb
w/o ml: 300mb
By Richard
Ok thanks mate, so I could safely assume that I couldn't render in ML I+C which is no biggy but not sure it explains why I cant render in just intensity.
By Richard
Yeah those little gremlins!!!! They get in everywhere! God I'm glad I'm not a techno developer I just couldn't imagine the difficulties in looking for a needle in a haystack!
By macray
Richard wrote:Bugger! I've done 8 clean installs and it happens everytime I have more than 5 emitters! Weird!

Windows XP SP2
Pentium D 3.3GHz
3gb Ram (4!)

I know crappy rig but never had issue with numerous emitters before!

The 5 emitter limitation sounds like it has something to do with a demo limitation.

*/irony on
I'd recommend deinstalling the demo and installing the full Maxwell software if it wouldn't be the same.
/irony off

Sorry I cannot help. Didn't have this issue here either.
By macray
tom wrote:No, there's no such demo limitation.
Tom, according to the manual (page 13) there is a limitation to 5 sliders when using MultiLight feature in the demo. That's why I got the idea. I know that there shouldn't be anything that gets stuck or limited in the full version - but still this issue seems to be there. So what came into my mind was the only thing that had anything to do with a 5 slider limitation.
By Richard
macray wrote:
tom wrote:No, there's no such demo limitation.
Tom, according to the manual (page 13) there is a limitation to 5 sliders when using MultiLight feature in the demo. That's why I got the idea. I know that there shouldn't be anything that gets stuck or limited in the full version - but still this issue seems to be there. So what came into my mind was the only thing that had anything to do with a 5 slider limitation.
Oh my god!!! Man I should have read the limitations of the demo!!! Makes darn sense then! I did so many reinstalls to try and fix that, chased every emitter and material in scene Grrrrrrrrrr!!!
By macray
Richard wrote: Oh my god!!! Man I should have read the limitations of the demo!!! Makes darn sense then! I did so many reinstalls to try and fix that, chased every emitter and material in scene Grrrrrrrrrr!!!
rofl - that made my day.
You are using the demo? mmmh - looks like - now that I have a look at the pictures you posted.

sounds like this issue is SOLVED
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]