All posts related to V2
By zdeno
Bubbaloo wrote:
zdeno wrote:I am staing with 1.7 too
That's your choice. But if you do decide to stay behind, perhaps you should at least upgrade to 1.7.1. There were some important fixes in that patch. 1.7.1 is still the 2nd best renderer available.

Oh yes Bubbaloo ! This lack of one number is the most important thing in my post. Good job hawk's eye ;)
Hyltom great example with this Astons
By tom
hyltom, now it worths giving this comparison another chance with 2.01 as we have remarkable fixes directly affecting this area. ;)
By krotala
I'm impressed with V2 speed vs 1.7...and that is without the patch!!
I have done some tests myself and will soon post them on the V2 thread.
By hyltom
Here is the new test result:

2mn test
V1.7
V2.0........................................................................................................................V2.0.1
ImageImage

10mn test
V1.7
V2.0........................................................................................................................V2.0.1
ImageImage

Now we are talking...of course i will test more, but it's a very good start.
I'm really happy that NL pay attention to the lack of speed improvement in certain lighting condition and have address a patch in so short time. And from what I'm seeing now, i can only be respectful by the hard work NL have put in this patch.
By tom
hyltom wrote:I'm really happy that NL pay attention to the lack of speed improvement in certain lighting condition and have address a patch in so short time. And from what I'm seeing now, i can only be respectful by the hard work NL have put in this patch.
It's because your trouble is our trouble. Thanks for your appreciation! Can't wait to see your stunning product renders. :)
By Richard
I'm REALLY impressed by the number of fixes!! Really keen now to test again!
By zdeno
o yes ! hyltom test looks very good and promising 2.0 vs 2.0.1 . great job with all this bugs fixed NL team!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]