All posts related to V2
By paxreid
When applying IES file to the 'small sphere', the graphic representation of the IES in Studio comes in at the origin regardless of location of geometry. The rendering appears to still work as intended, this is just a graphic issue. It would be much better if you could see all the IES mapped data in relation to the actual light, etc. Is there a way to move the IES into place?

It dosn't change with a change in pivot point and you can't move it like a UV map either.

Also good to note, the IES files downloaded from the US version of Erco don't seem to work for some reason. I looked at the format in a text editor and they do look different (You can download the IES files from the international site and they work)

This shows how the geometry (small sphere) and the IES are not joined.

Also, does anyone know how multi-light handles the IES files? This IES Emitter material was mapped to three different 'small spheres', yet the multi-light tab that comes up upon rendering only has one slider for all three that are now joined? I assume that because I can see the IES graphic three different times that the program knows to multiply the output parameter by how many of the lights are in the scene. I would still like individual control over each one??
By Hervé
Multilight now contol each light material.. not objects.. so if you want three lights.. clone your IES MXM... and apply the clones to each light sphere.. voila.. :D
By paxreid
Thanks Herve..I think I prefer the old method since I may want all these lights to be the same emitter type, but each controlled by a separate slider. Now, if I need to change the emitter in a complex scene...I would have to redo all of them versus just one. Such is life. Also...is the relationship of the IES graphic data and geometry able to be adjusted? or do you just have to live with all the IES representations floating around your scene?

Thanks for your help
Paxton

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]