All posts related to V2
By rusteberg
SSS on the selected object (outer chair "shell") causes maxwell.exe crash after voxelization. SSS wizard, any roughness setting, etc. that i have tried... i thought it could be mesh issue, so i imported fresh obj into blank scene... no dice.

however, when you pull the object away from the others, it renders fine.

any ideas? (couldn't find a relative thread on this)... i have the pack n' go zipped and on server. pm me and i can provide link (~30mb). thanks!
By jurX
Hi,...what are your attenuation settings?

greetings
By jurX
so...it´s like I wrote you.imho
But I have to do a rendering with this.;)I create a simple material which fakes a bit the sss in this case.(maybe if you need the rendering for some commercial stuff)
And here you can download your modified scene.

http://rapidshare.com/files/287746783/_ ... 1.rar.html

SL15

cu jurX
By rusteberg
jurX wrote:So it looks like this is an emitter/sss problem.If you hide all emitters and take a sky-dome there are no problems.
Its right that when the object moved maxwell has no problems....but that's because there are some problems with the emitters and the sss when some other objects have influence of the calculation from the emitters with the sss object.So this is an emitter/sss issue.

10-4, thanks jurx
By jurX
@sampson,3dtrialpractice:Sorry not to post that but rusteberg did it.
Yes, intersecting meshes using sss with emitter-lighting.The fake is just no sss but a milky dielectric.

cu jurX
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]