All posts related to V2
By purCAB
In another post, Mihai made reference that there would be a download created for the missing Arroway textures. Currently the only textures are the ones associated with boards-01. I was wondering when these textures would be made available as the Arroway materials aren't very usable without the textures.

Thanks,
Ken
i just refrenced maxV2 textures lookup(v2 allow lookup of up to 4 different directorys what a great feature!) to the arroway textures that I had in my maxwell1.7directory (the full arroway downloads for 1.7 that where available)
I guess they didnt provid all em..since V2 is only available to 1.7 customers right now anyway you can use the 1.7 textures directory.
By brodie_geers
er...1.7 arroway downloads? Where are those at? I never knew about them. I always thought those things were semi worthless. I even bought all the arroway textures for other purposes but they were .png format and Maxwell was looking for .jpg format so no matter what, if I wanted to use those textures I'd have to completely remap the paths. Why don't the textures just show up in the mxm\materials folder anyway?

-Brodie
brodie_geers wrote:er...1.7 arroway downloads? Where are those at?
at one time.. i wanna say "years" ago now.. (more or less).. when 1.0 or 1.5 or 1.7 came out there was somekind of offer or promption that "buy an upgrade" you get a limited pack of HIRES hdri versions of the maxwell dosch hdr files and access to a extened arrowway textures download.. it wasnt ALL of the arrowway textures but it was more then the 4-5 that come with maxwell 1x - so now I show I have 90 arrowway textures from that pack.. again I dont remeber specific detatils i just vaguly remeber somkind of promo for existing customers to buy..

If you, brodie, bougth the arroway collections and you have the png files then your better off anyways.. cuz id prefer to have the pngs myself (better quality/higher rez) so i dont think its too big of a deal to change the extention on your textures im mxm form .jpg to .png.. (or use somethinig like adobe batch or bridge to batch your .pngs to .jpgs)- but if it was me i wouldnt convert to jpg since jpg has artifacts & png dont
since most mxms only link 2-5 texture files per mxm..shouldnt be too big deal.
i think i read in another thread that when V2 gets release as dmeo and to new customers they will have Downloads for the remaining textures .. so we just got a "preview" release(i almsot see this as v2 RC).. and I'm hoping that when its available for new pl and demo it will also be a new build (patch) that fixs some issues/bugs we reported and some plugin bugs as wellas the full texture library download.. and lets hope that'll be soon..
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]