All posts related to V2
I am intersted to see you try a a sky HDR with a sun in the image as Mihai suggests. The one you used with a small white dot is not going to help things. I think you may get sharp shadows and a faster result than just maxwell sky if you go this route. On one of the few maxwell interiors I did with 1.7 had an outdoor hdr with clouds sun etc and an emitter plane hidden from camera in the windwow. Back the emitter away from the window a little so it does not block the light from the hdr. Turn on ML to adjust the emitter and HDR to your preference. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
I think You should add some emitter inside this space to give a little bit of direct light to all scene.

try to realize the truth - in real life making photos like this looking in sunny windows will left this room in darkness. If profesional photographer had to take this pfoto to some catalogue there will be some additional lights, not something like flash , but something more subtlle , big plane with emitter material , but low power .

BTW interior shots with maxwell v2 are faster than 1.7 . in1.7 they were slims , now they spped up as turtles.
i really don´t understand why you are not going back to your emitter in the window (this seems to simulate perfectly the sky and had almost no noise) and add another emitter (a very small disk) a bit further outside to simulate the sun with sharp shadows. that´s it.
Yes, tom. you're right. the ceiling is much difference but overall noise looks similar.

anyway, I did some more tests.

I modeled a bit simple scene and rendered it 30min with each other settings.

1. Skydome lit only. sl 17.21
-> it's just for comparison and it's too noisy with high sl

2. IBL sl 16.00 -> I used common sky hdri (it was bundled with maxwell 1.7)
this hdri has no sharp sun so the shadow is not my taste.

3. Physical sky sun only sl 16.13 iso400 f5.6 shutter 1/60
noisy but it shows high contrast and reflection

4. emitter only sl 14.84
clean image with glossy materials even though short rendertime. good but I need pretty sunshine and sun shadow

5. emitter + physical with multilight sl 14.38
very noisy due to sunlight noise

5-1 the same with above (emitter + physical), but I did lowered physical intensity and higher emitter intensity -> much better

6 emitter + faked sun (sphere) with multilight sl 14.84

6-1 the same with above, but I enabled only sphere emitter -> this make the whole scene noisy like physical sun

in case of faked sun, there are some problem with preview image, see below

and one thing

This is old test with physical sky,sun only

And this is the image lit by physical sky.sun and one big emitter behind the camera position
Hi Sandy

this is a quick test of an evermotion scene lit only by a dosch IBL. Notice the sharp shadows and the overal performance. Your scene is a harder than mine, but should render faster
Btw, only 1 Pc: i7 950 6Gb ram

After 6 minutes

After 1h
Sandy, from now on, you got to be VERY careful in choosing HDR Images... what might have been a good HDRI with Maxwell 1.7... might just look very bad with V2 Power....

my 0,2....

h.
I made a very simple scene with Revit, just one room with a small window and have big problems with noise... at least comparing to the good and fast results I get with all my other tests.... What is going on? Too much noise, even with SL 17 and doesn't seem to get better easily...
I wish there is something NL team forgot to tweak :) Otherwise we'll have problems with interior scenes or we'll have to add stupid fake lights...
sandykoufax wrote:Hi jose.

Can you show me what kind of the dosch hdri used for it?
It's exactly the Radsky-017.hdr file provided with the Maxwell instalation, but whith higher resolution (6000x3000) Try with it.
sandykoufax wrote:Is that a original rendered size?
Yes, the original size
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]