All posts related to V2
By mashium123
there must be something, i've done to this quicktime thing on my system lately, because i can't watch the videos, where you say "please click and drag the mouse over the movies".
they show black bckgr with white font saying "waiting for video" but nothing happens...
what could be the problem?
i'm using firefox353
By mashium123
macray wrote:
mashium123 wrote:...
i'm using firefox353
I'd guess your browser uses the 'ancient' mode. :)
there is a more up-to-date release of ff?
By bjorn.syse
I'm using Safari on Snow Leopard with Quicktime X, but the movies QTVR's are just black.. If I download one of them and launch it, it wants to install Quicktime 7 (which is the older version). Isn't that strange?
By Julian
This is a handy site for anyone wanting to know more about colour profiles and management - now that Maxwell has bravely entered those waters it is crucial to understand how browsers deal/cope with images that have a profile built in.

Safari users have it the best as it has always had built in colour management, firefox 3 has CM built in but only up to v2 profiles and IE is a colour disaster waiting to happen! (not sure about v8)

You can see straight away how well your browser copes by following this link...

http://www.color.org/version4html.xalter
By nachob
bjorn.syse wrote:I'm using Safari on Snow Leopard with Quicktime X, but the movies QTVR's are just black.. If I download one of them and launch it, it wants to install Quicktime 7 (which is the older version). Isn't that strange?
Hi Bjorn, Quicktime X , even when its newer, faster and better :) , does not support as many formats as v7 did. When you install Quicktime 7, Quicktime X will use it under the hood for unsupported formats. I really don't understand why Snow Leopard does not install Quicktime 7 by default.

Best regards,

nachob
By mashium123
thx for the links, tom.
i de- and reinstalled quicktime and realized afterwards that i had a firewall situation that wouldn't allow firefox to establish that quicktime connections, needed to watch all those blingbling provided on those apple sites and plug test pages.
after i've reconfigured the firewall, am now able to watch all those test clips, that allow me to see if quicktime is properly installed.
but not this maxwell site. what i see now is:

this will be an endless story... once again... how i learned to love the quicktime... on non-apple 64bits :?
i'll just go on trying, i guess...

btw: it's the same, when i use safari. so, that's still not a ff-problem obviously.
Last edited by mashium123 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mihai
micheloupatrick wrote:Where can I find the ies file for the lights used in point 4.7 (museum example)? The light pattern is really nice.
It's an ies called "nice.ies" :P If you do an search on the net, you'll find it.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]