All posts related to V2
By MS
I wonder when dielectrics has been improved and Maxwell Render V2 is now compatible with RealFlow how to model "Glass of Water V2" now. Is it the "Thomas's method of Russian dolls" still valid?

How to model a scene like this:

A lemon splashing to glass of water
By MS
Sorry to confuse you. I did not mean how to model a whole scene but details - where water is touching a glass, where lemon is touching water, where water is touching air etc. What IOR should be applied to "membrane" - where one dielectric touches the second one? Should be one polygon with one material or two polygons with two materials or one polygon with multilayer material?
By 3dtrialpractice
doesnt this russian doll aproach totally void out makeing pouring liquid in glass simulations/renders? like from realflow?
cuz if you have water pouring into a glass.. then there is now way to have the IOR glass geo layer above the IOR liquid
(or can you do that now with a layerd material system.. hav ior glass layer over a ior liquid layer in your mxm shader??)
this technique always bothered me with maxwell (and maybe other render enginges?)
cuz it only works for static water.. as soon as your water moves/animated in glass then your ior glass geometry also has to move/anim with the liquid..
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]