All posts related to V2
By Richard
I admit to have been busting for the release of V2, though now hearing that the speed increases are not as impressive as previously touted, instancing has not been addressed, a solution for pool water has not been achieved, displacement still takes for ever and the pricing policy - I've just about given up! I will now wait for the release of Thea and the pricing there offered. Otherwise I will wait till the market improves or the competition!

I still feel that given the bugs that continued to exist in the V1's for more than 5 years, NL should have considered a final 1.x maintainance release to ensure those that didn't decide to take up a hefty upgrade would still be serviced with a final more stable release! This would have at least kept them in the loop for a longer period into the future as V2 slowly creeps away!
By trick
It won't take long anymore, and you will be laughing real hard about this rediculous pricing for rendernodes. I NEVER heard a good reason why you would have to pay per rendernode: it's just a crazy way to generate income without doing something for it. Maybe they should charge people living in the arctic areas double, since they could turn up their processor speed up a lot more...
By trick
bjorn.syse wrote:Mate, we ARE getting charged more.. we have to pay the Euro-price instead of the Dollar price, even though none of them are our Swedish cold currency,.. :)
:lol: I pay Euro price too, but I'm not enjoying your cold weather.
Maybe I should charge my children and wife for reading my books...or maybe you should pay for your TV programs per viewer...or pay extra for your car if you are driving with multiple persons (bye bye carpooling)...
Let's boycot rendernode licenses and make some giant renderfarm somewhere with a monthly license fee...just like with Frai (which is cheaper then upgrading Maxwell BTW) :twisted:
Earlier in this thread I saw how much you pay per day for a license...it does not say how much it costs per hour (license hardware cost) how long you have to wait for each render. It also assumes you are working fulltime with it...which I can not imagine if you are a professional user serving demanding clients...

So why is it that you actually NEED more licenses....
By zoppo
No more additional nodes with the standard license ... and 195 € per node???? You must be kidding.

Btw - $395 = €270 and not €345 :x
By John Layne
Looks like I'm gonna have to stick with 1.7 till hell freezes over.
Upgrading to just one Standard licence and 2 nodes would cost me $1497.71 NZ Dollars.
Upgrading to 1 Standard licence and 7 nodes (what I was using before) would cost $3487.54 NZ Dolllars. That's a lot of dollars for a contractor in NZ
By jrandom
John Layne wrote:
Upgrading to 1 Standard licence and 7 nodes (what I was using before) would cost $3487.54 NZ Dolllars. That's a lot of dollars for a contractor in NZ
For that much money you could by 1 full seat of VRay, 1 seat of Final Render, AND 1 seat of Brazil! even with exchange rate!
By trick
yolk wrote:Frai is the new Vray plug-in for Fry :idea:
I just thought you would get banned for writing that last word and I still would like to keep my options open :mrgreen:
But I like that idea, but then the other way around !!
Last edited by trick on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By trick
Wow, this is my 4th post in this forum and even in the same thread since a really long time. Don't think that the subject is representative for how I feel about Maxwell...but it may be representative on how much I use it. I really wish that rendertimes were in the same order like Modo, Lightwave, VRay or fRender and surely would not need to spend piles of cash to get at the same level just so some guys (and even girls) could spend all day getting theirselves wasted on some beach. That way I could turn the balance more towards working creatively instead of wrestling with hard- and software.
By trick
jrandom wrote:...For that much money you could by 1 full seat of VRay, 1 seat of Final Render, AND 1 seat of Brazil! even with exchange rate!
And with these you could render so many images in the time Maxwell does for one image, you could afford to upgrade to V2 and still could get wasted on that beach...
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]