All posts related to V2
By Brett Morgan
I skipped 1 Maya upgrade, and my "local" reseller wanted to charge me full retail price for a 6.0 to 7.0 upgrade, i think I missed 6.5, screw that, never used it again, but this was before Autodesk owned Alias, and it still pisses me off :roll:

Brett
By jo
big K wrote:no, there was a discussion going on back then. but it was ended like we will see how the upgrade policy is going to be.
Now, I recollect raising this very question at the time. :evil:
Let me see if I can find it on the forum...

Ciao, Gio
By jo
I found this discussion: it was clear that a certain point (when I bought it) Maxwell was intended to be used on more than one machine.
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... =3&t=22321
(Look at the bottom of the page)

So Polyxo is absolutely right.
I don't care about the "plus one": but at the end of the day the change of policy in license, now is going against what it was marketed at the beginning.

Gio :(
By big K
actually the thread with the discussion after the new licesing was announced is here:
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... g&start=15

on the second page it is you Gio who rose the question what will be when v2.0 will be released
Hi Nicole,
can you please tell me what will happen when v2.0 will be released?
I have 1 license + plusone (I bought MWR in alpha phase), so I assume I can run MWR on 8 PCs: How much I will pay to upgrade to v2.0 to continue to run MWR on all 8 machines?

I didn't send you a PM or an email, because I think this question can interest a lot of people.

Thank you, Gio
By jo
big K wrote:actually the thread with the discussion after the new licesing was announced is here:
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... g&start=15

on the second page it is you Gio who rose the question what will be when v2.0 will be released
Hi Nicole,
can you please tell me what will happen when v2.0 will be released?
I have 1 license + plusone (I bought MWR in alpha phase), so I assume I can run MWR on 8 PCs: How much I will pay to upgrade to v2.0 to continue to run MWR on all 8 machines?

I didn't send you a PM or an email, because I think this question can interest a lot of people.

Thank you, Gio
Well, actually is more about what NL sold and marketed (4 CPUs that you can use on more than 1 machine) and the situation we are into now.

Ciao, Gio
By big K
well most of the thread is about how happy everybody was, but sometimes in between you find some people worried about what has happened now.

for example on page seven as a reply to your question back then:
Good point Gio...and common sense would tell me that if you have 8 licenses..which most of us do with the plus one, then we will probably be paying for 8 license upgrades with 2.0. This is assuming that you really need 8 licenses. For me, if the upgrade cost is ..say 500 bucks, there is no way I can afford 4 grand for all the licenses. I would probably stay with 1 or 2..depending on my financial situation and need.

Paxton.
By VALKAMA
rusteberg

Its not just nickles and dimes we are talking about. Its thousands of dollars for those of us that have more than one license. Im all for making money as a company, i just dont think its smart to "stick it to" your loyal users.
By rusteberg
i like it when forum members leave the gloves off :D
if your crack dealer won't give you the number of rocks you want at the price you want, then you're going to have to find some seedy shwag to suffice your needs. :D if there's a lower demand for crack, then it will naturally become as cheap as shwag... but i'm still hearing a high demand for crack... this is the free market capitalist system put plain and simple... no one is forcing you to buy the crack :wink:
i think there should be a new sticky in the V2 forum section; "Gimme My Crack B*****! Or else I gonna go find another dealer!"
By big K
rusteberg, maybe you should actually sometimes read what other users are talking about.

it is not a plain complain about the price.
it is about the change of licensing combined with the resulting need for multiple upgrades where one was suffiecient in the past.
By big K
i don´t get it rusteberg.

what do you want to say?
so it is always wasted time if you feel treated unfair and express it.

especially like in this case it helps actually everybody.
people who feel the same notice that they are not alone.
NL may notice that some of their customers are not so happy about their upgrade policy.
maybe they change something maybe they do the next time and maybe you also benefit from this.

that´s all what it is about.
no more, no less.

p.s.
if people would be happy overall i think they would express it as well. maybe you have heard of the word "feedback"
this is it
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]