All posts related to V2
By RenderFred
Hi everyone,

just to announce that we are now running full 64-bit (64-bit Maxwell in 64-bit OS on 4 GB nodes).

Fred
By KurtS
KurtS wrote: Does anyone know if the Ranch can render several cameras in one mxs file, so I don't have to submit the file three times with three different cameras activated?
Anyone...?
If I have a studio file with three cameras defined - and want all of them rendered in the Ranch - do I have to submit the *.vum file 3 times - whith 3 different cameras activated?
By RenderFred
KurtS wrote:
KurtS wrote: Does anyone know if the Ranch can render several cameras in one mxs file, so I don't have to submit the file three times with three different cameras activated?
Anyone...?
If I have a studio file with three cameras defined - and want all of them rendered in the Ranch - do I have to submit the *.vum file 3 times - whith 3 different cameras activated?
Hi Kurt,

Yes you have to submit three projects.

Fred
By KurtS
13 renderings done in the Ranch last night. Really helped me out of some extreme deadlines. I almost had a hartattack when someone managed to submit an SL24-job(!) between my 6th and 7th rendering. The Ranch really struggled with that one, but everything finished in time... Thanks a lot!
By tanguy
Hi Ranch people...
In the cost estimator, it will be great to have the possibilty to ask for a animation suit of 3000 frame at 960x480 Sl 12 ...
Is it possible to obtain a devis for something like that ?
Thanks in advance
By Matthias Wirth
Hi,

Sorry for my english.

In the moment i rendered a scene / picture with an Quardcore 6600 4GB Ram.

Picturesize: 2500 x 1875
In the moment i have SL 15,26 the next Sl comes in 7h25m Benchmark 53,29
Time Passed 23h 43m

The Picture is a little bit noisy

How much cost the rendering at the ranchrenderfarm ?

And how long is the rendertime by the picture looks good ?

Thanks for you information and your time

Matthias Wirth
By RenderFred
Matthias,

I already answered you by e-mail on september 29... :) Perhaps you did not receive the answer. So here it is again, below.

Fred
========================
Each scene requires a different SL to get rid of most of the noise, so it is impossible for us to say when your scene will look "good". Also "good" means different things to different people) No noise at all? A reasonable amount of noise? (but then what is "reasonable"...)

You can use our cost estimator here (http://www.ranchcomputing.com/M_estimateur_cout_uk.php) to evaluate the cost. For instance if you specify a two hours (120 mn) render limit at 2500 x 1875 with a preparation time of 1 minute and no multilight it should cost you around $167.

I suggest you do the following test: render your scene on your system for 15 minutes and note the SL reached. Then send us your scene with a render time limit of 15 minutes. It should cost you less than $30 (with no multilight) and you will be able to see the difference in SL between your system and the farm. Then you will be able to apply this difference to other projects.

UPDATE: I recently added comparison figures to the cost estimator which should help you. Since you have a Q6600, you can see that if you get a sampling level of 'SL' on your machine in N minutes, you will get a 'SL+6.59' (approximately) on the Ranch in the same amount of time.

And - very important - please read the Renderfarm User Guide thoroughly before sending anything.
By RenderFred
Hi everyone,

I have some good news: we have an interesting (well I hope so :wink: ) new RANCH Unlimited formula subscription. All the details here:
http://www.ranchcomputing.com/M_tarifs_uk.htm

We have also improved our upload application to give more feedback / stats while you upload your projects. Compatibility with all browsers (PC and Mac) has been improved too.

Finally the Renderfarm User Guide has been updated (read appendix C to see what's new).

Cheers

Fred
By deadalvs
hey Fred !

a friend of mine that also studies architecture may be rendering an animation of a project by the end of her semester.

since i guess i'll be helping her a little, i wanted to ask in advance if there are any educational rebates available... :roll:

as always, all computers at our university will be blocked at the end of the semester, so rendering an animation could be very frustrating for her next to learning new software...

just wanted to ask !

greets !
By RenderFred
deadalvs wrote:hey Fred !
a friend of mine that also studies architecture may be rendering an animation of a project by the end of her semester.
since i guess i'll be helping her a little, i wanted to ask in advance if there are any educational rebates available... :roll:
as always, all computers at our university will be blocked at the end of the semester, so rendering an animation could be very frustrating for her next to learning new software...
just wanted to ask !
greets !
Well we have no educational rebates right now sorry :wink:
Oh by the way soon the RANCH will go to phase 2 (rather cryptic huh?). More information next week.
By RenderFred
Hi everyone,

The RANCH has undergone a big upgrade: a processing power of 340 GHz is now allocated to each Maxwell project (from 160 GHz previously). We have redone all our benchmarks for this occasion and updated many pages of the website.

Among other things, I believe you will find the new real life architectural benchmark and image quality comparisons very useful to get a better idea of what the RANCH can bring to your projects.

Please redownload and read the new Renderfarm User Guide (v2.00), which has also been significantly updated.

Thanks for your attention and see you soon on the RANCH!

Fred
By deadalvs
holy teapot !

that is nice performance ... congrats !

just one little question. i checked the homepage and a the guide but could not find the info...

You mentioned in the post above that each maxwell project gets the full 340 GHz power, so every rendering is treated uniquely, one after the other, without any other rendering interfering at the time? like a nomal job queue, no parallel jobs... am i right ?
:roll:
By RenderFred
deadalvs wrote:holy teapot !

that is nice performance ... congrats !

just one little question. i checked the homepage and a the guide but could not find the info...

You mentioned in the post above that each maxwell project gets the full 340 GHz power, so every rendering is treated uniquely, one after the other, without any other rendering interfering at the time? like a nomal job queue, no parallel jobs... am i right ?
:roll:
Yes you are right :)
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]