All posts related to V2
By bakbek
RenderFred wrote:Hi Ronen,
it seems your file was identified as an invalid archive by the RANCH. The file you just sent a few minutes ago was also identified as invalid. Normally as soon as a job has been identified and accepted it appears nearly instantly in the waiting list. I will look into it and keep you up to date.

EDIT: your current project is rendering fine, so I believe the problem with your previous project of the same name was related to the compression software you used to encode the archive. I guess you changed it between the two files?
Yep... I used RAR for the first and ZIP for the last one. render is done... but it take ages to download - it's a 5m file but i still can't download it all, can even think how to get the MXI?
By RenderFred
We were doing some maintenance on the server, so the internet connection was down for some time. It should be good now. As for the bandwidth, we can send files at several megabytes per second, so it should not take ages when the connection is active :)
By deadalvs
i guess the only sad part is that the nodes don't all have 8 gigs ram ... :?
By RenderFred
mouse wrote:
RenderFred wrote:so I'll look into what makes your project different :wink:
Thanks Fred feel free to use my files for testing!

Edit: Did you think to use for Maxwell some Blitz formula like for Vue?
mouse,
To follow up on your project: in fact you were lucky that everything did not crash :shock: The memory consumption was at the very limit of what a 2 GB render node is able to support. A lot of disk swapping occured, which added to the total time. Plus the voxelization / preparation time was heavy too, and of course it is also added to the total processing time of the project. All this is summarized in the RUG, page 8.

About the Blitz! formula, sorry but this a Vue-specific feature, and it is not applicable to Maxwell projects.
By RenderFred
deadalvs wrote:i guess the only sad part is that the nodes don't all have 8 gigs ram ... :?
Indeed, however if the demand is high, we will upgrade the nodes accordingly. The main problem at the moment, as far as 64-bit rendering is concerned, is that the 64-bit version of Maxwell is significantly slower than the 32-bit version. That's why we use the 32-bit version right now, even if we run under XP64. Plus, no point in running the 64-bit version when the nodes are 2 GB.

But again, it can change in the future.
By deadalvs
yes, i see that point very clear and i understand it.

i've just seen in my images i did with ~ 4 million polys @ 3.5K res it nearly killed my quad qx 6700 with 4 gigs ram.
example:
http://www.jumpgates.com/matthias/portf ... fPersp.jpg (each metal wire is modeled with 6 faces)
right at the beginning of the render, the was full and the darddrive took the rest of the load... (slooow)

but it worked... hopefully.
i just didn't like it to be so close to a coma...
By justinj1023
Maybe I missed how to upload my files to your servers. Is this explained in the User guide?

Justin
By RenderFred
justinj1023 wrote:Maybe I missed how to upload my files to your servers. Is this explained in the User guide?

Justin
Yes everything you need is in the guide.
By RenderFred
Another point: when you compress your project, please use either 7-Zip or Zip. There are problems with .rar, so I will probably remove this format from the next version of the RUG.

In fact I highly recommend to use 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org). It is free, highly efficient, and exists in PC, Mac and Linux versions. Please use the 4.42 last official version, not the current betas.
By justinj1023
It keeps saying, "Choose VUE file to upload". ? I have read the manual and I can't find anything about Maxwell in it.

Justin
By justinj1023
Nevermind, it went through. Please excuse my ignorance.

Justin
By RenderFred
justinj1023,

don't forget that you must rename your .zip in .vum before sending it, or the RANCH won't recognize it.
By justinj1023
Thanks Fred, I didn't catch that part.

Justin
By Mattia Sullini
Hey, Fred... great service! Everything went fine but the server does not recognize as valid user/pass those sent by mail.
And since i am already writing in this thread, when will the service be active? (i have at least a dozen images at high res i have no time to render before the deadline, and your renderfarm would save my xxx...)
By RenderFred
Mattia Sullini wrote:Hey, Fred... great service! Everything went fine but the server does not recognize as valid user/pass those sent by mail.
And since i am already writing in this thread, when will the service be active? (i have at least a dozen images at high res i have no time to render before the deadline, and your renderfarm would save my xxx...)
The user name/pass work fine, please verify that you did not introduce an extra space at the end of your user name/password. It can happen when you do a double-click on a password in your e-mail client, copy it and then paste it in the ftp field. You send 'john1020 ' instead of 'john1020', and it doesn't work. So drag the mouse to select the text instead (or type it by hand). The "unwanted space" is a common problem, and I will mention it in the next revision of the RUG.

I do not know yet when we will enter production, but it should be relatively soon. The beta is going well right now, a few things to smooth out but no major problem. I will warn everyone here a few days in advance when I will know for sure.
Last edited by RenderFred on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]