All posts related to V2
By Bubbaloo
Why have you built this render farm and decided to use XP64? Vista 64 has been excellent for me so far. Vista 64 and Maxwell 64 is the fastest combination I have used.
By RenderFred
Bubbaloo wrote:Why have you built this render farm and decided to use XP64? Vista 64 has been excellent for me so far. Vista 64 and Maxwell 64 is the fastest combination I have used.
Very simple:
- XP64 needs less memory than Vista. Better allocate more memory to the project than to the operating system.
- the Ranch has not been created specifically for Maxwell but is running Vue projects for many months now.
- we don't need all the bells and whistles of Vista on render nodes which are essentially blind, stupid and obedient rendering machines :wink:
By Bubbaloo
Memory is cheap, speed and stability isn't. I don't need all the bells and whistles either, so I turn them off. I just hate to see people buy into the anti-hype of Vista. Anyway, thanks for this service. :D
By bakbek
RenderFred wrote:I just wanted to let you know that we have decided to let the public beta-test run until next friday, August 24th, 18:00 (GMT+1). So you have until then to send projects and try the farm for free.

If all goes well, the RANCH will enter production next monday, August 27, 08:00 GMT+1.
Thats good since i still can't download the rendered files from the ftp, for a few days now... the speed is very slow - under 1kb/s most of the time. but the ftp sessions get terminated all the time. i have i high speed connection capable of 200kb/s and more, so why is that?

cheers
By RenderFred
bakbek wrote:
RenderFred wrote:I just wanted to let you know that we have decided to let the public beta-test run until next friday, August 24th, 18:00 (GMT+1). So you have until then to send projects and try the farm for free.

If all goes well, the RANCH will enter production next monday, August 27, 08:00 GMT+1.
Thats good since i still can't download the rendered files from the ftp, for a few days now... the speed is very slow - under 1kb/s most of the time. but the ftp sessions get terminated all the time. i have i high speed connection capable of 200kb/s and more, so why is that?

cheers
Mmm I don't really have an answer... Apparently you are the only user with this problem and we have rendered many projects since the beginning of the beta. Please contact us at the e-mail mentioned on the site and we will try to track the problem with you.

EDIT: I see that you have downloaded your two images a few minutes ago. Is the problem solved?
By Mattia Sullini
Another question for you Fred...since i own Vue as well, could the credits bought be spent for both softwares?
By RenderFred
Mattia Sullini wrote:Another question for you Fred...since i own Vue as well, could the credits bought be spent for both softwares?
Mattia,
The subscriptions are per application, so you can't use the same subscription for both Vue and Maxwell, you need two subscriptions.
By RenderFred
Hi everyone,

it's a big day for us as the RANCH for Maxwell officially enters production. And to celebrate this event I have two good surprises for you:

1) All our nodes are now equipped with 4 GB RAM. We still use the 32bit version of Maxwell though, and hope that the issues with the 64bit version will soon be corrected.

2) We are able to resume cooperative projects! Yes, you read well. More details in the Renderfarm User Guide.

We have a new logo, the RUG v1.0 is online, etc. We will send a newsletter to all our registered users today.

Cheers,

Fred
By Mattia Sullini
Have you ever had the feeling that the things that happen all around the world do so just for you? No? Well, this is exactly what i thought when i realized i had to render 24 images (3600x1800, 1600x1600) in 10 days. With a laptop....
Anyway great service, smooth, easy and efficient. It is worth a try, even if you do not have that client (but i know you have one of these...) that wants high quality renders, in huge sizes and for tomorrow!
(Nda: i am not payd by these guys, i am just a satisfied customer)
Hurray!
By KurtS
I've had a break from Maxwell for some weeks, and discovered this topic today (missed the test period...)
Anyway - I'm testing the Ranch right now, and really hope it works out well. (still in the waiting list)
Only thing I don't like so far is that I had to pay the 10 bucks twice. After I payed the first time I had a Java error before I could submit any files, and was forced to restart my browser. When I logged in to the ranch I had to pay one more time to gain access to the upload page. Annoying, but I'm sure I'll get my money back somehow...
By mverta
It would be great if:

1) The waiting list showed time remaining on renders.

2) The estimator had a value for animations. It's easy math, but...

_Mike
By KurtS
Very quick response and good phone support from the Ranch.

I've got my extra $10 back and my testrendering reached S/L 15 in 27 minutes!

I have the same file running on my old office PC right now:
S/L at the moment is 11.55 - time passed is more than 20 hours ...
By KurtS
the rendering done in the Ranch was 2000x1600 px, and the model is not very complicated. I don't have the number of polygons at the moment, but the computer I've used is slow. I have rendered the Benchwell scene in 1h 10m with this PC....

---

Does anyone know if the Ranch can render several cameras in one mxs file, so I don't have to submit the file three times with three different cameras activated?
By Q2
THE RANCH ROCKS!

These guys saved my butt cause of a reeeeeaaaaal tight deadline. I made it and am really thankfull. Great service (they even called me on sunday and helped me get things worked out!!!) and very competent people.

Thanks from Berlin and give it a try. IT IS WORTH THE MONEY!!!

Q2

Berlin
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]