All posts related to V2
By Asmithey
Wanting to do an animation. I have a camera tracking project. It is for an automobile dealership. It is aerial footage taken by helicopter and the building and site model tracked and superimposed into the video. The issue I am having is that each .mxs file is 575 MB. Makes it not feasible as I can only 7_zip six .mxs files to stay under 2 GB for uploading. I have 1160 frames at 1920x1080. Are there any other options?

I will email the Ranch directly as well. Just wanted to see if the is any Maxwell user ideas.

Thanks,

Aaron
By RenderFred
Asmithey wrote:Wanting to do an animation. I have a camera tracking project. It is for an automobile dealership. It is aerial footage taken by helicopter and the building and site model tracked and superimposed into the video. The issue I am having is that each .mxs file is 575 MB. Makes it not feasible as I can only 7_zip six .mxs files to stay under 2 GB for uploading. I have 1160 frames at 1920x1080. Are there any other options?

I will email the Ranch directly as well. Just wanted to see if the is any Maxwell user ideas.

Thanks,

Aaron
Hi Aaron,

yes there is, you can send your animation as a native project if you use 3ds Max, Maya or Cinema 4D as the host application with Maxwell as the renderer. No more huge MXS problem.

Fred
By Asmithey
I guess I will have to use cycles for this one.

Thanks
By RenderFred
Hello everyone,

I am glad to announce that the new RANCH is now up and running!

- the RANCH Runner is now 2 to 3 times as fast with at least 450 render nodes per project
- a brand new web site, better-looking, more modern and easier to navigate
- a new RANCHecker for Maxwell (2.1) which works with both Maxwell 2.x and 3.x.
- as always the full power behind each project
- last but not least, very affordable prices!

And we still offer 50 euros render credits to new users...

On the 1-minute benchmark (integrated in RANCHecker) the new RANCH Runner goes to SL=18.30. Previously it was reaching 15.74 (to be compared with 3.48 for a Dual Xeon E5645 workstation).

We hope you will find the performance of this Maxwell supercomputer astounding!

Cheers,

Fred
By RenderFred
Hi,

I'd like to announce a new MultiCam mode for Maxwell cooperative projects. Integrated to RANCHecker 2.2, it lets you select the cameras you want to render and packs all the necessary info into your project archive. This way you can upload a single project file and have several cameras rendered, one after the other, no need to do multiple uploads. More details in appendix B of our RANCH for Maxwell users PDF manual.

You also get each camera files (MXI, TIF etc.) in its own subdirectory inside the main project directory, for more clarity.

This works also with Maxwell 2 projects, as we continue to support Maxwell 2.x and 3.x versions.

Cheers,

Fred
By RenderFred
Hi everyone,

I am glad to announce that from October 1 to October 31, the RANCH is even more affordable!

Prices have been dropped from 1.5 cent to 0.9 cent per GHz-H (-40%!) on the Sapphire formula! Higher priority formulas like Emerald (from 2.0 to 1.4 cent, -30%) and Ruby (2.5 to 1.9 cent, -24%) are also cheaper in october... don't miss this opportunity!

If you never rendered Maxwell projects on a 1000-Xeon cpu system, now seems like a good time to try...

Fred
By RenderFred
Hi,

I am glad to announce that we have a lot of news on the ergonomics side that you may find interesting in our latest newsletter.

Even newer than what is in the newsletter is the fact that you can now specify a maximum budget for a Maxwell project. If you check this option, the system will stop the project when the budget limit is reached (or before that of course, if the quality level you asked for is already reached).

Cheers,

Fred
By RenderFred
Hi everyone,

We are glad to announce the RANCH Summer Sales – 50% OFF until August 15th!
We have now unbeatable prices amongst high performance rendering services worldwide for such a power dedicated to all your 3D projects!

From now on, you can submit your projects through the ECOFarm or the POWERFarm.
The ECOFarm is composed of hundreds of Dual Xeon 5600 servers with a Cinebench R15 performance of 1100-1300, each with 64 GB RAM.
The POWERFarm is based exclusively on Dual Xeon E5-2600 v4 computers. These are the fastest render nodes you can find anywhere on the market; they are three to four times faster than the nodes on the ECOFarm, provided your project use multicore systems effectively. The POWERFarm nodes are all equipped with 128 GB RAM, and some of them are even equipped with 256 GB to support the heaviest projects.

Happy Ranch Render!

JP-RANCH.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]