By doc
hi,

actually for me the plugin isnt workable.

first:
the invalid normals. i tried several workarounds but without being successfull. i tried export as obj, without any hierarchies, every objekt seperately triangulated, correcting normals.....
everytimes i get the "invalid normals...." clicking through the message let sometimes the renderer run. if i stop rendering in maxwell and close the renderer - "invalid ...." appears again. cinema than can only be stopped by taskmanager.
the exported scene opened in studio can be seen here: some objekt sizes were changed. (basins). this is a scene that was rendered already in beta-version.

second:
i have problems with the light. in this case export worked. but the emitters have 150000 watt. and the picture is nearly dark. so lighting gets a problem. beside you see the first fireflys they appear directly by starting the renderer.

is there another solution than waiting for the next plugin and version???
why is it problem to export older scenes?? am i doing something wrong with the light??

thanks for help
By Becco_UK
Perhaps RC4 (expected today edit: Monday) will resolve some of the problems you describe. I had similar problems with light intensity and my quick solution was to lower the camera shutter value - this worked for me, maybe not for others though?

I personally think that the firefly issue is many times a geometry problem - in beta we used to get black dots. Perhaps a geometry problem also accounts for the 'invalid normals' message. What worked in Beta may be less forgiving in RC! (it is a different engine).

I read somewhere that RC3 (and earlier) doesn't fare too well with intersecting objects either.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]