By norbertsf
Using: Cinema 4D 11 and Latest CineMaxwell plugin and 1.7.1 Maxwell, OSX 10.5.7

I like having the icons to launch the renders from the icon dock at the top of Cinema 4d.
However it seem that when I place Maxwell emitters in a Null (which is convenient when you want to group or organize the file), the Icons for Maxwell do not work--the functionality of launching the renders fail--nothing happens.

When the emitters are pulled OUT of the null, the icons work correctly and launch the renders perfectly.

If I click on the "scene" tag for Maxwell and I click on the launch icons in the C4D Attributes panel, the renders ALWAYS launch no matter if the emitters are in a Null or not.

More of a convenience/annoyance than anything, but would be nice to solve.

Thanks,
Norbert

By JDHill
I am not sure what you're seeing there, but I would recommend deleting your toolbar and re-making it; I can see that the icons are not in the right order, and I'd guess that this may have something to do with the 'no-launch' problem.
By macray
JDHill wrote:I am not sure what you're seeing there, but I would recommend deleting your toolbar and re-making it; I can see that the icons are not in the right order, and I'd guess that this may have something to do with the 'no-launch' problem.
What you see is the user-dependent gui of cinema. You can rearrange EVERYTHING if you want to. So he built himself a small maxwell toolbar to use the icons without ending up to pull down the plugin menu or opening the scene object...
By JDHill
Yes, I know, but by default when you do that, the buttons inside of the toolbar will be in a different order than shown in his screenshot - unless he had some special reason for moving them around, and did so, then it would seem that the toolbar had become corrupted inside of Cinema's stored layout. At least, I have to eliminate that as a possibility, since I have not been able to duplicate the behavior he's describing.
By norbertsf
JD,

By default the buttons up at top are NOT there.
You have to go to "WIndow->Layout->Command Manager" and then find the appropriate Command and Drag it up into the Toolbar. That is what I did. There is No default order since I can drag only the icons/Commands I want. Since Maxwell is a plugin it does NOT get loaded into the Command Toolbar by default. As far as I know NO Plug-ins get loaded into the toolbar by default in ANY order (you have to MANUALLY place them), except the Default Maxon/C4D Commands.

Again, the Commands in the toolbar work. BUT only if I DO NOT put the emitter into a C4D NULL object.

Norbert
By JDHill
There's a much easier way to do that:

- in the main menu, click Plugins
- hover the mouse over Maxwell so the plugin's menu is shown
- at the top of the menu, click the small 'grabber' bar
- the menu will now be shown as a separate window
- click down on the 'grabber' bar at the top of the window
- drag the window so that it docks somewhere

Now, you can right-click any of the buttons and turn on/off the button-text and change the icon size. This is much easier, imo, than making the toolbar manually.

Anyway, I tried to duplicate what you show in the screenshot, but I'm not able to produce the behavior. Can you supply a step-by-step sequence that will do this? Or, does it seem related to this specific document?
By norbertsf
Funny, I figured out how to make it work.
If the Maxwell "scene" object/tag is at the top of the hierarchy in the Object Manager it works every time (launching).
If the scene object is down further in the object hierarchy list it will not launch. Bug?

Norbert
By JDHill
Thanks for the extra detail - I've now been able to duplicate this using 1.8.1.5. It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks again,

JD
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]